Hair Jewelery

62353_118034581587606_100001431947276_125854_7402893_n.jpg

I have a suggestion if you reshoot or could recrop. I'd crop just below the neck and get all of the head and hair and some space on the right for her to look "into". I think that this second photo is much better though. :)

I'm not reshooting because this is exactly what the client wanted! lol More of a story, a feeling, these are hair pieces, not electronic gadgets. The feeling and setting is important.

I kinda like it. Do you have a different one?

Why ask about them, if you are going combat every C&C w/.........that is what the client wanted?!!!!! This makes me not want to comment on your thread.....just sayin =)

Last edited:
Why ask about them? If you are going combat every C&C w/.........that is what the client wanted?!!!!! This makes me not want to comment on your thread.....just sayin =)

Indeed. I keep reading the same thing from you..."this is what they wanted".

Overall, the response to the two original shots was somewhat negative. Huh...I wonder why...one of the basic, underlying "rules" of portraiture and people photography is that bare skin draws the eye--a LOT. You got multiple people inquiring about her boobs, her boobs, and her shoulders...I have no idea how old you are, but my suspicion is that you're in your twenties, and have a real aversion to listening to the opinions of others, feeling instead that what a visually unsophisticated client attempts to articulate that she "wants" is the best that can possibly be done.

I keep reading this statement here, that the pictures offered for C&C were "what the client wanted", or that they were "happy" with them. A lot of people are happy with McDonald's food too. There is almost always room for improvement, and higher standards to strive for. Asking for C&C and then falling back on the same old "my client wanted it this way" phrase is tiresome to me.

I'm with Derrel, clients often have romantic visions, especially "artist" clients, you need to tell them if its a product they're trying to market the product takes precedence over the walk in the woods by the good looking chick, yes use a model, preferably one with nice hair, then light that hair and product properly or you just aren't doing your job. H

It could go one of two ways I think. If the pictures would be on, say a website that was obviously advertising the pieces, or on a spread that boldly stated something about the hair pieces then the shot would be fine for advertising. If the shot would be the main subject with some small text or something, and you wanted potential buyers to see the hair piece first, then it wouldn't work as well. I have no clue if you know how they want to use the photo, but to be safe in the future I'd always go the safer route and shoot with minimal skin/try to draw attention to the piece. But from an advertising standpoint with the right type of add the shots would be fine.

Most reactions

Back