Hairy 8 legged beast.

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been dying to post something in this forum (no pun intended). I snapped these photos last night. I tell you it takes a lot of courage to get close and personal with a 50mm lens to something like that:

DSC_9395.jpg

DSC_9391.jpg

Wow thats great... :) especially if you took them using a 50mm!

Yeah I was crapping myself. A friend in the know though assured me that the bite takes 1-2 hours to kill and the hospital was not too far away. Still...

it wouldn't kill you, im like 98% positive. i used to own them.

if that thing was hanging out in my yard, i would be extreamly tempted to make it go bye bye....i hate spiders.....

Yeah I was crapping myself. A friend in the know though assured me that the bite takes 1-2 hours to kill and the hospital was not too far away. Still...

Noone has ever died from a tarantula bite, nor probably ever will, their venom is too weak. ;) Just thought Id toss that fact your way.

Now black widows, Brazilian wandering spiders and Sydney funnel webs are another story.

Really great photos, even though spiders are kinda gross! :wink:

if that thing was hanging out in my yard, i would be extreamly tempted to make it go bye bye....i hate spiders.....

Im the same way, I scream for my daddy to come get it! :D

Dude, that is wrong. Awesome photos.:thumbup: But...*shudders*..... that thing is just nasty.

i am so glad, they cant live over here..... only in tanks :)

and if i was taking pictures of one, thats where is would have to be... behind thick glass!!

great pictures though... thanks for sharing, us Brits only get to see wierd things like that
on here and the discovery channel :)

EEEEEEEEEEE :)

I would need a 600mm lens and a ladder to photograph that!! ....uuugggg litterly sends a shiver down my neck!

Noone has ever died from a tarantula bite, nor probably ever will, their venom is too weak. ;) Just thought Id toss that fact your way.

I have been misinformed! Thanks for that LongDucDong

Adam I nearly crapped myself when that thing stood on it's hind legs and showed it's fangs. Didn't get close to it after that.

Thanks Olympus8MP I had my flash set to the wrong mode so they all needed to be brightened by 2 stops, but the encouraging words are nice anyway.

Adam I nearly crapped myself when that thing stood on it's hind legs and showed it's fangs. Didn't get close to it after that.

Lol thats crazy! I would have ran like a little girl :lol: A friend of mine who lived in arizona said that he was camping in his friends cabin and heard a PURRING noise like a cat, when he asked his friend where was his cat he said...oh don't mind them thats just a tarantula!!!....imagine having that bugger in your covers!!

haha which reminds me, I dreamed of your spider last night hanging above my head :lmao: I actually had to get up and check my covers.

Great pics! .. I might actually try and photograph a spider if I get the chance

Most reactions

New Topics

Back