half-assed studio

rallysman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't even know if it's worthy of being called a studio. I got some white fabric and arranged it over some chairs with a slave flash in the back and an SB-600 diffused and aimed at the ceiling.

First few shots:
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

The white in the last one seems a bit too cool..too blue.
And I can see wrinkles in some of them. :\

I really liked the one of your dog. Well lit, well composed and focused. I could do without the rifle, however. It looks a bit blown out near the top.

Thanks!
I wondered about the last one. The cat's color seemed to be ok so I left it alone. I'll get on another computer to look for the wrinkles. My monitor may be too bright (very possible).

I really liked the one of your dog. Well lit, well composed and focused. I could do without the rifle, however. It looks a bit blown out near the top.

At this point I'm just searching for things to take pictures of. The shotgun was close and inanimate objects are much easier. Now that you mention it being blown out at the top I think I should have turned it over. That's where the interesting parts are anyway.

Sweet, now bring them into lightroom and get some contrast/color back! I find it easiest to do it that way.

I'm not seeing any wrinkles....

OP: I think they are pretty good! The rifle is pretty meh but the dog and cat look excellent. I really can't suggest much.

even if i put my brightness all the way up, I still see the SLIGHT wrinkles, cuz they have shadow.:meh:

Each photo has a blue tinge towards the bottom half. I tried tilting my monitor up and down and could make it more pronounced or not appear at all! I think photos will always look a little different because no one uses the same monitor. I love the cat's pose and expression, it made me :lol:

I can clearly see the wrinkles/folds in the cat picture, lower right above the signature (on my Macbook Pro w/ glossy screen).

Scroll up and down over the image quickly while focusing on the cat, and you'll probably see the wrinkles in your periphery :p

And that doesn't look like a shotgun, looks like a .22 rimfire :p

Thanks everyone. I'll try to smooth or clone the shadows/wrinkles out.

And yes, it's a shotgun. That old thing is a far cry from a .22 LOL.

edit: Still having a rough time finding the wrinkles.... Apparently this monitor need some work! Oh well, that's why we post these things, right?!:)

Last edited:
The white balance is a bit off, could have used a custom WB prior to shooting to fix it up.

even if i put my brightness all the way up, I still see the SLIGHT wrinkles, cuz they have shadow.:meh:

dodge/burn the sheets

Most reactions

New Topics

Back