Half way through the busy season...

Your work is beautiful as ever Erin. I'm always inspired.

On a different note, I can see some things have not changed here. It is very unfortunate too see fly-by-nights post such ugly and hateful comments on here.

Wonderful shots Erin. There is a serenity in all of them. Congradulations. Inspiring. Keep them coming... Never give up...

I am new to this Forum. I have just arrived to your land. I don't even know how to oplen images yet. So forgive me if I commit an error.

When you work in the land of digital photography, you need to find some kind of protection. This watermark serves the purpose of protection quite right.

In the past some clients took my 8"x10" prints, scanned them, cloned my embossed seal on the bottom corner and took the new digital files to Loblaws or Costco to get multiple copies done. They don't want to spend the amount to buy the high res CD, that's what they do. For some quality or copyright means nothing.

We can't win that war...

Cheers,

HB

Last edited:
I disagree with the watermark affecting the wow factor.

I said WOW out loud as I looked at these. Perfect exposure, perfect focus, beautifuly portrayed emotions!!!

Great job!

I disagree with the watermark affecting the wow factor.

I said WOW out loud as I looked at these. Perfect exposure, perfect focus, beautifuly portrayed emotions!!!

Great job!

I too said WOW.

All I can say is FAB FAB FAB. I absolutely adore viewing your work. As multiple others have mentioned, your work is inspiring.

Thanks for sharing!

Nice pictures. The quality is great IMO.
Perhaps the only thing I see is the bloody scrape on dad's ankle in the last picture. It'd be easy to photoshop that out.

The baby in 2&3 has that mysterious alien look to it?

Last edited:
I agree the watermark is fine. Seems a lot of people on here think it effects the photo. Why are you looking at that? Do you not want it there to so you can steal the photo to make you a better photography? Ya that is what I thought. You non pros.

Good work! Keep putting those watermarks across that image. Any real pro on here won't say anything bad bout your watermark.

Excellent shots.
I too really like the horizontal framing in some of the shots. Especially #9. The perspective of the beams makes it look like you're zooming into the subject.

about the watermark... If you are a professional photographer and you don't take the steps to protect your work and your clients with as much as a simple watermark then you don't deserve clients at all.

secondly... If you're distracted from reviewing a photo because of a transparent watermark then you do indeed need medication. Or you're just here to be a troll.

Thanks everyone! :) I really appreciate it. Thank you for the validation- you know how much it means when you feel like you're doing so many sessions this time of year and just churning them out and sometimes you doubt your work when a mixture of good and then terrible orders come in.

About the bloody ankle- didn't even notice that!!! :) Thanks!

Ok I just now noticed your works and I must say that you are my new hero!

How did you learn to take such pictures and what tips would you give for a newbie to get at least a little close to the images you create?
Thank you!

Gorgeous Fantastic work! I actually gasped when I saw it. Beatufiful!!!!

First off. GREAT work. These photos are crisp and well thought out. I really like them. Secondly, I find there is a lot of people in general that are looking to complain or argue on anything they can especially if they can hide behind a computer.

The water marks are great and are nicely done. I am thinking out what type of watermark I will use for any of the postings where photos can be used without consent.

GREAT WORK!

Beautiful photos and how happy these clients will be to have photos that they will cherish for a lifetime!!

PS...I'm still new here, pop in and out once in awhile and I am amazed at how negative these posts go that I sometimes think people go off in tangents that just take away from the talent and learning experiences of others. I come back hoping for a more positive experience but, so far, I keep striking out :(

Say, what you will. I have all email notifications turned off, so if anyone comments, most likely I will not even see it.

Most reactions

Back