When will they learn? (Very photo heavy)

hokies2379

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Carver got another one ...

5H3TQTk-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

5dDXPBJ-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

7gHD7Vx-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

7gHD7Vx-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

DGF2WGD-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

sWzF5f6-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

B9FxJQC-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

385ScjD-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

t6DZWrh-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

gXrFD8z-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

QzzXhgr-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

c9FjT4S-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

qsnMB8M-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

rgXvdc5-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

PtHddXZ-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

qdTk8CV-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

17. Bucks
CdkSVdg-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

S8gRWZ9-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

CTgwgCN-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

6p5H375-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

spd5LSb-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Definitely doesn't get as much viewership in this hidden gallery. That's unfortunate.

Wish I had not looked at this whilst eating tea.

Imagine if you put all this awesome work and talent into something of beauty......

Imagine if you put all this awesome work and talent into something of beauty......

Some people do find this beautiful. The world is an ugly, ugly place. Especially right now.

I do way more than just this. This is just something to pass the time. Sorry you didn’t enjoy it.

Those masks, extremely well done. Wow.
The wardrobe and makeup are solid. I think the photography is solid, too but less dramatic in this set. Have you done any wider angle shots?

Nice work and glad you're finding a way to keep cheerful. :bom:

Shot 10 with the sun flare and tilt is really strong. I have no experience in this genre but I think it's less about the traditional measures of quality. Models did great.

Saw your last set too and I've been meaning to comment. I think you've got a really coherent story here that works brilliantly as a set. The story is told very well through the shots, they are all nicely composed and consistant including the processing.

I think I prefer your other set to this one, only because I think a few shots here the model has a posed look which doesn't reflect the rest of the scene like in 2,3 and 4 whereas in the first set I think they nailed it. There's a real sense of menace!

If I'm being pedantic I'd say the blood is too bright, it should be a lot darker red if realism is important.

7 would be my pick of the bunch, a real disturbing image, but shot very well and everything lines up to make a great horror shot!

Saw your last set too and I've been meaning to comment. I think you've got a really coherent story here that works brilliantly as a set. The story is told very well through the shots, they are all nicely composed and consistant including the processing.

I think I prefer your other set to this one, only because I think a few shots here the model has a posed look which doesn't reflect the rest of the scene like in 2,3 and 4 whereas in the first set I think they nailed it. There's a real sense of menace!

If I'm being pedantic I'd say the blood is too bright, it should be a lot darker red if realism is important.

7 would be my pick of the bunch, a real disturbing image, but shot very well and everything lines up to make a great horror shot!

Thank you. The blood is a definite struggle. We just came up with ideas and said let's give it a shot.

I appreciate the kind words.

Those masks, extremely well done. Wow.
The wardrobe and makeup are solid. I think the photography is solid, too but less dramatic in this set. Have you done any wider angle shots?

Nice work and glad you're finding a way to keep cheerful. :bom:

This was one of our very first tries at this. The lighting and editing on this was the same as the other, but I can see what you mean. Nothing really wider.

Shot 10 with the sun flare and tilt is really strong. I have no experience in this genre but I think it's less about the traditional measures of quality. Models did great.

That one is my absolute favorite. I have no experience in this genre either, but I feel the quality isn't sacrificed in it. But not really sure? We are just playing around, but I'm trying to maintain my standards, just with different types of shots.

I appreciate you taking the time and looking. Very much.

but I feel the quality isn't sacrificed in it.
I agree, not that the quality is sacrificed, but that things like the tilt really add to this shot, when it might detract from a traditional shot.

Yeah, O.K., I don't know why you do this, but aside from the overall theme, which is not to my liking, I would say that your choice of lighting is WAY OFF. If this is supposed to mimic a horror scene, then why not use horror lighting? You could have increased the drama 10x with better lighting.

Yeah, O.K., I don't know why you do this, but aside from the overall theme, which is not to my liking, I would say that your choice of lighting is WAY OFF. If this is supposed to mimic a horror scene, then why not use horror lighting? You could have increased the drama 10x with better lighting.

Actually, never mind.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

I’d love to hear more.

Genuinely intrigued at what you’d consider horror lighting.
Well, let's start with it being night, first of all. Then you can use some "sideways lighting" that is cut off to enhance the drama. Have a look at some horror films to get ideas.

Most reactions

Back