Halloween Themed Shoot

Tinstafl

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had some time this past weekend to shoot a few Halloween themed shots. Here is the first run there are a few different setups so I will post them in their own thread

Halloween-20191019DSC_7007.jpg by Tins Pics, on Flickr

Halloween-20191019DSC_7023-Edit.jpg by Tins Pics, on Flickr

Halloween-20191019DSC_7073.jpg by Tins Pics, on Flickr

Halloween-20191019DSC_7208-Edit.jpg by Tins Pics, on Flickr

Halloween-20191019DSC_7054-Edit.jpg by Tins Pics, on Flickr

Halloween-20191019DSC_7107-Edit.jpg by Tins Pics, on Flickr

There was a song out a few years ago titled "All About That Bass", change the last word in the title to Light and you have the problem with this set. It just doesn't match the theme.

If you can reshoot it, then adding a gel as mention in another set can make a difference. For example, add a CTO to your speedlight and change the camera WB to Incandescent, underexposing the ambient and adjusting the flash power, will change daylight to dark with deep blue shadows but still give good lighting on your subject. If you can't reshoot then going to "Split Toning" in Lr to adjust the highlights and shadows and workimg the colors in the HSL panel will get you close.

Last edited:
What @smoke665 said! I was trying to figure out what was "wrong" here, and he nailed it. Think bare-tube, grids and snoots. Little bits of high-contrast light to show off the subject, and maybe a BIG (like 60x80) softbox as a very low-level fill, just to show off a little detail.

It's been driving me crazy all day trying to think of the character she's portraying in #2 & #6. Finally hit me, Harley Quinn. Fabulous job on costume and makeup.

Hope you don't mind since you've listed edits as being okay, I took the liberty of doing a few on my favorite of the set.
48944907371_65ff35f75a_o-1.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back