What's new

Halo/Shadowing Issue

gsxturbo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
49
Reaction score
1
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife wanted me to snap a few photos of her with her Bills Jersey tonight. I bought the 7000 a few days ago and in a few of these photos I see some shadows/halo effect that don't seem naturally there from the lighting, these ones they are down off her legs. Any idea what it maybe?
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_0984.webp
    $DSC_0984.webp
    765.1 KB · Views: 110
  • $DSC_0989.webp
    $DSC_0989.webp
    905.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I see what you mean. My first thought is that it's a shadow of some sort...did you have a flash mounted on the camera? That looks about the right spot for a shadow cast by an on-camera flash if you were shooting in portrait orientation.
 
Yes I did have it on but I had it dialed down -1.0 I took some at regular power and then +1.0 and they all came out the same way.
 
I'd say it's the on-cam flash as well. How far down can you dial it?

I'm assuming you're using it to fire off-camera strobes.
 
Yes I did have it on but I had it dialed down -1.0 I took some at regular power and then +1.0 and they all came out the same way.
Well, I'd say that is certainly your problem then.

If you are just using it to trigger off-camera flashes, then get a radio trigger set.
If you are using a Canon/Nikon wireless system, you can probably set the on-camera master 'not to fire', but it should still trigger the remote units.
 
Yes i had it set for -1.0, I'm gonna do some playing around tonight to see if that's the problem.
 
If you are using it to optically fire other strobes it's going to read the scene before the strobes fire off, that means it's going to be trying to light the subject by itself in the darker light. Even at -1.0 it's still going to be pretty much full power for the on camera light. So that's why it still shows up pretty strong with your other lights. If it's not the built in one, then set it manually at a low power instead of with a compensation adjustment based on it reading the exposure and adjust it as needed from there.
 
Do you have a UV filter on your lens?
 
Thanks Tony I'll give that a try, Forkie I did not have one on at that time.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom