Hamburg for beginners - unusual views

hamburger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.heidorn-hamburg.de
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After a medical appointment the other week, I decided to keep fit and take the stairs down from the fourth (or fifth for US residents) floor rather than the lift (elevator). And what did I spot through the window than a view of the Town Hall and St. Petri spires I'd never seen before? So, having a little time on my hands before a meeting at the very Town Hall a week or so later, I took my camera and a detour. I actually marched one further floor up for this:

# 1
hh300307003b.jpg

Town Hall and St. Petri Church (with St. Jacobi just peeking out in between), as seen from above the rooftops.

I next went to the Hamburg hallmark, St. Michaelis Church (fondly known as "der Michel") where I had spotted this unusual view, riding past by car, some months previously:

# 2
hh300307022.jpg

hh300307037.jpg

hh300307040.jpg

hh300307041.jpg

hh300307044.jpg

as reflected in an office building across the road - and as it is usually seen below:

hh300307048.jpg

Not far from there I later spotted this (St. Katharinen Church) - both are among the five Hamburg Main Churches, similar perspective:

hh300307145.jpg

and as usually seen:

hh300307147.jpg

Finally, a view of part of the Town Hall:

hh300307133.jpg

Comments welcome - and feel free to have your appetite whetted for LaFoto's Germany meet-up as there's lots more to see and photograph nearby!

Hey, there are many more than you let me see beforehand, and all good ones! I like the reflection of Michel in the office building windows ... now what reflected in where in the photo you are having on your wall above the sofa? Isn't that Michel reflected in somewhere, too?

The reflection of the town hall in the Mercedes window (a Mercedes, no less :D) is very nice, too.

And you KNOW that I have always liked the photo of the three spires (well, I only now see the third, I must admit, the e-mailed version was a bit small...).

And thanks A MILLION for the free advertising of next year's meet-up! :biggrin:

now what reflected in where in the photo you are having on your wall above the sofa? Isn't that Michel reflected in somewhere, too?

No, that's St. Katharinen, as seen below. That would fit in here nicely, too, wouldn't it? I was too lazy to dig it out, scan and add here, though... (Sorry folks, this is very insider-ish; LaFoto has been to my home so often that she actually knows all the pictures on my walls!)

The reflection of the town hall in the Mercedes window (a Mercedes, no less :D) is very nice, too.

I briefly considered leaving the Mercedes star out of the pic altogether but then decided it was just the touch (and explanation!) the photo needed!

And thanks A MILLION for the free advertising of next year's meet-up! :biggrin:

My pleasure!!!!!!! ;-)
I'd love to show you all around; and Harbour City with its many photo opportunities is a short walk away, too!!!!

I in particular like the lamp post ... but I am biased there since I often shoot similar shots ;)

Some of these, especially the more abstract ones with the reflections in modern facades, might work well in b&w

I in particular like the lamp post ... but I am biased there since I often shoot similar shots ;)
Nothing wrong with bias, is there?
Some of these, especially the more abstract ones with the reflections in modern facades, might work well in b&w
Now there's a thought....
Might try that some time...

Most reactions

Back