What's new

Hamburg - railway impressions around the Main Railway Station

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1.
129416440.jpg


2.
129416427.jpg


3.
129416431.jpg


4.
129416429.jpg


5.
129416415.jpg

(I was not supposed to be in the area where I was in order to take Photos 3 - 5, and the man clad in orange came up towards me with no haste at all to tell me to please leave, since this was "Railroad Territory" and in case something happened to me... you know. But he was very kind).

6.
129416424.jpg


7.
129416421.jpg


8.
129416416.jpg


The last three definitely are "Leica-pics", and I played with apertures a little to get the last two, wide open or very small, just to see in how far and how much it will change DOF.
 
Great series Corinna! Like #3 the best - definitely looks like you were right there in the middle of the tracks - mind the trains!!

Rob
 
Awesome series Lafoto ! Love #3 and #7, way cool. I really like how you captured the person walking and how the person plays a big part of the image. Great job on these!
 
#3 is excellent! :thumbup:

I love how the track snakes away towards the bridge.:D

The only thing that bugs me about it is the dark, purpley strands/lines in the top left and I presume these are "extras" from scanning the prints?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
Those "strands" must have been a bush somewhere that I did not see at the time (since this is a 200mm pic), and behind the bridge at the end of the photo is the very Main Railway Station of Hamburg. The last three photos are taken FROM that very bridge in the direction to where I had "trespassed" onto Railroad Territory. But you can see that I was standing where Track 59 ends (Photo 4), so I never was in too much danger to be ran over by any moving trains. In that respect, Carolyn, our photo_gal, is much braver!!! She confronts the upcoming danger by looking it into the eye... not me! Chicken here.
 
I agree! I really like train yards, and this series really gives the feeling of all the "hustle & bustle" that goes on.

And #3 is a beautiful exposure, great composition. :thumbup:

Thanks for posting more from Hamburg! :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #9
Thank you for encouraging me.
I have looked at these so often now, I really no longer know if they are any good (what with the low light and grey sky I had at the time) or not - to me they are not. Not these, and not the others I still have "in store". But I might let you take an unbiased look at them?
 
LaFoto said:
I have looked at these so often now, I really no longer know if they are any good (what with the low light and grey sky I had at the time) or not - to me they are not. Not these, and not the others I still have "in store". But I might let you take an unbiased look at them?

Shoot! (as they say!)
 
Great series, LaFoto. I wish I had the time to get down to the railway station, I think they're such interesting places to photograph.
 
3 - and just to be different, I really like 4 as well.
Hope you wern't really in the middle of the tracks?
 
great shots lafoto....i like 3 and 6 best, nice work :thumbup:
 
Cool shots Corinna. Number 3 is neat. That is some serious track system there
 
#3 makes me feel really sorry for the fella in the switch yard. :lol:

Excellent shooting. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom