What's new

Hamburger - An American Staple

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 27, 2008
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
405
Location
Bemidji, Minnesota, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My dinner tonight was delicious:

1461411_340409126100731_857535312_n.jpg
 
KETCHUP????????!!!!! I'll forget you said such a thing. But seriously, I forgot. Taking photos quickly so it wasn't cold by the time I got to it and halfway through, realized I forgot that most important condiment.
 
I prefer my onion sliced much thinner and raw green peppers don't agree with me. It looks like the top bun has already been nibbled on.
 
Your burger seems to have a certain primitive bachelor-like look to it...and yet at the same time, if I were at your place for dinner, I KNOW for SURE that I could easily eat two of those, as-made! I have not made a hamburger in literally a year or more. But dangit...there is something fantastic about a home-style burger, no matter how it's made. Soooo many great ways to make the meat, the veggies, the sauces, the bread or bun...it's just a wonderful,simple gustatory treat.

Myself, I like a fantastic mayonnaise, like Best Foods real mayo, which is called Hellman's across most of the USA...but also maybe a bit of Beaver brand pure 100% ground horseradish; Oregon is the beaver state, and much of the world's horseradish is grown in the southern Oregon/northern California region and the Beaver brand of horseradish is some of the finest,purest,and best. I also love a burger that's been fried with a bit of butter, granulated garlic powder, a bit of pepper, and a bit of Worchestershire sauce.

Damnitr man...now I'm gonna have to have a burger at some point this week. Lookwatchadonetomydiet!
 
The onion and peppers are to help a guy wake up to go pee at 2:00 AM...
 
Derrel, Hellmans is pretty good, but for store bought mayo, I prefer Duke's. Lately I've been getting into making my own flavored mayo. Garlic is a favorite, but some recent iterations include chipotle, horseradish and anchovies.
 
Derrel, Hellmans is pretty good, but for store bought mayo, I prefer Duke's. Lately I've been getting into making my own flavored mayo. Garlic is a favorite, but some recent iterations include chipotle, horseradish and anchovies.

I've never seen Duke's mayo, but I will look for it maybe at Whole Foods market, which has a lot of high-end stuff. Yeah...I often make a sort of "oyster sauce" recipe with 1 part mayo, 2 parts quality ketchup, 1/6 part mustard, 1/6 part Horseradish, some pepper, Worchestershire sauce, and some granulated garlic, a few drops of lemon juice if desire, and let that meld for a day or two...makes a rich French fry sauce, also great as a dipping sauce on breaded fried oysters, fish fillets that have been breaded, deep-fried shrimp, and pretty good as a chicken sammich dressing. (I love to eat).

Speaking of ketchup...ya' know, Trader Joe's organic ketchup is MUCH better than any of the major American brands.
 
Well after all that, I think I'm going to fire up the grill tonight. Not a bad looking burger AgentDrex.
 
Good lookin burger. Now I'm hungry again. Damn.

You reminded me-I was planning on doing a macro shot of some bacon with my ghetto "macro" setup. Guess I better get some bacon and get on that...
 
We had leftovers. Wished I could edibly digitize and upload them. I cannot take credit for the burger (only the setup of the burger in the photo and it was as delicious as it looks.), my buddy made the burgers and the peppers I added to mine (the photo), were from a Peperonata ( Peperonata Recipe, Italian Fried Peppers with Onions and Tomatoes Recipe | Simply Recipes ). Winter time blues has me staying in the house, so I though I would practice food photography. Never get anywhere if I don't try. This was taken with a Vivitar 75-205mm (at the 205mm area from about six feet away or so), f/8, 2.5 seconds (only light available was two slightly dim ceiling lights above and slightly behind the burger).
 
Yum! Grilled onions are the #1 best topping on a burger :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom