What's new

Hamburger - An American Staple

Grilled onions are awesome but I also really enjoy them raw. Pickled jalepenos would be good too...
 
Derrel, Hellmans is pretty good, but for store bought mayo, I prefer Duke's. Lately I've been getting into making my own flavored mayo. Garlic is a favorite, but some recent iterations include chipotle, horseradish and anchovies.

I've never seen Duke's mayo, but I will look for it maybe at Whole Foods market, which has a lot of high-end stuff. Yeah...I often make a sort of "oyster sauce" recipe with 1 part mayo, 2 parts quality ketchup, 1/6 part mustard, 1/6 part Horseradish, some pepper, Worchestershire sauce, and some granulated garlic, a few drops of lemon juice if desire, and let that meld for a day or two...makes a rich French fry sauce, also great as a dipping sauce on breaded fried oysters, fish fillets that have been breaded, deep-fried shrimp, and pretty good as a chicken sammich dressing. (I love to eat).

Speaking of ketchup...ya' know, Trader Joe's organic ketchup is MUCH better than any of the major American brands.

Derrel, I think Duke's is mostly sold on Southern and eastern shelves, but it's worth a try to find it. Good quality. And I hate mayo! It's only good for BLT's. :razz: Burgers are meant for thin caramelized onions, bacon, thinly slices tomatoes and LOTS of mustard. It's da bomb. Though this sauce sounds really good, too!

This whole thread is making me hungry...I really could use a fat burger right now!
 
I'll take mine with some mushrooms, please!
 
Sorry if it`s been asked, but what is the stuff dripping out of the front of the burger, is it cheese?

John.
 
You will end up a bloater eating rubbish like that

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
 
Grilled onions are awesome but I also really enjoy them raw. Pickled jalepenos would be good too...


I like 'um raw.


DSC_5886.jpg

cheeseburger w/chipotle mayo and cilantro.
 
I believe it was; whole wheat if anything. and buttered and toasted on the grill.

I use honey wheat bread on my PB&Js cause it makes the wife feel slightly better about it over white bread and I don't complain as much about it. :)
 
I'm all muscle

I've eaten English food and it became very apparent why your people are so skinny. It's awful. ;)
Apparently you've never had a proper English Breakfast Fry Up. Weird by American standards, but delicious and probably the best hangover medicine I've ever had.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom