Hammered

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is another capture of some of the light bulbs that SpaceNut and I, ClarkKent, decided to break today. We finally got some more time to get together to continue our project, so here we are today and decided to share one with ya while we are working.

Light-Bulb.jpg

Wow, that's cool. That must have been a seriously fast shutter...that hammer is absolutely frozen.

I came across some random DIY photo website and saw some cool shots of a bb gun shooting wine glasses and such...have you tried anything like that?

This is just superb. The hammer is frozen, but the crystals are flying. Can you explain how you guys did it?

This is just superb. The hammer is frozen, but the crystals are flying. Can you explain how you guys did it?

I'm curious too...my guess is that the glass shards were traveling at a slightly faster speed than the hammer. If you look, some of the shards are not really too out of focus, some are really only just slightly blurry. I think after the hammer hit the bulb the pressure released caused the shards to shoot out slightly faster than the hammer. Just my guess...

Diggin this one Clark. :thumbup::thumbup:

Great shot. You guys most have loads of fun when you get together.

I guess the green thing to do is go fluorescent anyway. :lol:

did you use a laser to light the bulb ? >

i'd like to pick a nit.

it's a great shot. but the hammer is too frozen for the amount of it (or lack thereof) in the frame. i think if you could see the whole head, maybe even the claw and handle, it would work better. and/or a slightly slower shutter speed.

these are my opinions, though, that's all they'll ever be :)

I think that I am going to try to tackle overybodies question in one reply. So here I go. Myself and SpaceNut just kinda go by the whim of our thoughts really. This only took one attempt. We have a number of versions of this but, we were dropping the bulbs differently as well. The bulb was not lit, but sprayed with green hairspray, with two strobes fired by separate triggers. I hope this helps out, and if anybody has any questions, please email me or spacenut and will explain further.

very cool. did you post the other versions somewhere on the net? would like to see one with the hammer a bit further down.

What did you use as triggers, sound or IR? Seems a mic would be a little slow, but breaking a light beam hard to set up. More info please.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back