Hammocks Park

Zeabed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This backlit tree shot at Kendall Indian Hammocks Park in Miami was one of several test shots to put a new Sigma 10-20 lens through its initial paces with a Canon 40D. I think that the shortcomings in dynamic range and sharpness could be due to the lens. I really don't know. :scratch:

4549128665_44ffabd255_b.jpg

Last edited:
i live 10 min from the great shot i would have thought as hammocks as a decent photospot

i live 10 min from the great shot i would have thought as hammocks as a decent photospot

It is a good photo spot. I live 10 mins away from it too and go there to test out new lenses for contrast, resolution, etc. Check out my flicker Kendall Indian Hammocks Park collection:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/irminsul/sets/72157622761220918/

The problem is in part the lens - also, I'm not too sure about the shutter speed for this specific shot. Upon closer inspection I found that it has center defocus problem, which I've just learned is a not uncommon QC problem with this type of Sigma lens. I should have waited and saved a little more to the get the Canon version of this wide angle.

I know exactly where that issss.
shxt looks regal, but the sky's so gray. D:

It's a nature preserve for a variety of native Floridian trees. Some of them are a real exposure and luminescence challenge, as the whitish oily bark is very reflective of sunlight. And yes, I had trouble with the exposure of the sky in that photo, even with the circ polarizer. That's actually the brightest I could manage from a series of shots while still keeping the tree in near-silhouetted darkness, but not in complete penumbra, and also keeping the foreground shadows deep and dark. Also, this was early in the a.m., as I didn't want that harsh Miami sunlight to add garishness.

Most reactions

Back