Hand held

JEFFB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know what kind of bird that other one is, can anyone help me out with this?

Chickadee%20close.jpg

ChickadeeII.jpg

bird.jpg

BirdII.jpg

BirdIII.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Looks like a red-breasted nuthatch to me.

Excellent photos :D. Never even seen one of them before, much elss had one on my hand.

It is definitely a nut hatch. Nice work. I have seem the Chickadees in the hands as they do that around here, not the Nuthatches though. They are usually found in the same habitat. Normally spotted hopping upside down on trees.

Wow these are great Jeff - to have them eating out of one hand and the camera in the other and them not to fly away - just amazing!

These are all so nice!
And that little nuthatch is cool.
Only the other day I hard someone hammer outside the house and thought, hang on, what is the neighbour doing there and went to the front door (almost all glass) to look. There was no neighbour. But a nuthatch walking up and down the walls of the house as if they were horizontal, hammering against them ... I would never have expected anything edible to be in amongst our bricks here :).
But after I had come looking, he flew off and it never hammered ever since. :(

Thank you all for the comments. It was pretty neat to have them come and eat right out of my hand. On a side note, I was trying to get one of a squirrel in my hand tooo, because they do that in the park I was at. (well the chipmunks do) but the squirrell bit my finger a little bit, so I gave up on them.
LaFoto, thats a neat story. Silly nuthatch!

Jeff. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back