Handcuffs, Guinness and Spam - The London meetup

Great shots to see. I must admit, that after the initial note I left to say I wouldn't be in the country when this was happening, I didn't take too much interest in the developing thread and didn't realise how many were planning to go. It's a right little international jet set isn't it?

...but what did you do to Colin? :stun:

memorial thing (dont know anything else about it)
The National Police Memorial
http://www.policememorial.org.uk/Police_Memorial_Trust/NPM.htm

Anty, Alex, David and I left another pub around 10:30 and walked around looking for an open entry to a tube station. David and I got to St Pancreas 10 mintues before our train left at 23:34. The next train would have been at 03:something! None of us knew the train tables so we got a bit lucky. :shock:

I'll try and post photos with resizes being the only edit. First things first, the peeps.

Duncan - when he was taking this shot
840dd2ab.jpg

Dave
3dfefafc.jpg

Alex - taking photos of some young ladies... Loving the stance. :mrgreen:
ab0768fc.jpg

Andy - moments after this he gave me a hug, honest...
3f164371.jpg

Anty - made me shoot from the hip
4315b20a.jpg

Anty - drunk or happy? Both?
c4a77e1b.jpg

Tone! - during a drunken explaination of flash bouncing and diffusing. I whapped him with the flash using Anty's wrapping papper
9f70f53c.jpg

The look I got after I whapped him... so I did it again
b98ad7ae.jpg

Becky - I mean Sloth, no, Becky.
ca43f39d.jpg

Becky - a proper one
701fdccd.jpg

Sandy and Alex
f68a2016.jpg

Group shot - TPF London meet, 2048
4d843bd4.jpg

Mr Red Man - he couldn't hold his drink
b98eb787.jpg

:lol: as to the last! :biglaugh:

Goodie-goodie-goodie: more photos!

And something tells me I could (get someone) take a better photo of Andy right after he has given me a hug!! If only that Andy could make up his mind and come over to Germany in May!

anyway I managed to edit 3 more pics this morning

Bedford? Thought we were in London
_N0H4362.jpg

trying and failing to be arty :lol:
_N0H4361.jpg

Becky
_N0H4358.jpg

Really good photos by the way. Except the ones of me. :p
I learnt not to let on to a group of people with cameras that you don't like your photo taken. Also, I never knew my hand was so big...

8b017771.jpg

76276a46.jpg

b08c2c7a.jpg

c3f0ea00.jpg

7911068c.jpg

05918aae.jpg

That's enough for now.

Hey, but only "for now"! Ferny. You must post more later! You must! These are too good not to be shown! (And how many people besides this crazy crowd that you were part of, Ferny :greenpbl:, took photos of those SWANS! WOW)

Your ... what was it called again? Super-Mario-Camera? ... well, <- that takes good photos!

Oh. Hang on. Is it THIS forum where we live by the maxime that it is the photographer who takes the photo, and not the camera??? :er:

:wink:

Haha, what a great day out!!

I went from near 300 photos to around 220 (if I recall correctly) maybe less.

I was deleting any that were out of focus (there were many, especially of Ferny!) I still have lots to go through to pick and delete, but I have pretty much corrected the exposure and edited some slightly using my favourite Raw Editor.

Some I couldn't save of course (too under-exposed for example).

So I'll probably post my most favourite in the next few days!!

David

Uhm, Duncan really posted that Alex_B-with-eyes-closed close-up shot! :confused:

- So where are all those billions of Ferny-shots? ;)

- And why isn't the thread called PengDom? :p

- Did I take any pictures?

- Are we allowed to talk about that accent Anty does not have?

- Was this really the first international meetup of this year, or were there two secret small meetups prior to this one?

So many unanswered questions ;)

Anyway, I am at Stansted waiting for my plane now.

I was so tired, I think Andys last photo with those huge bags under my pissholes in the snow eyes is proof that partying till 6am before being faced with several cameras is not a good idea!

Anyway, some photos...

1. Alex, who seriously has the coolest hair!!
alexcopy.jpg

2. Alex again, by the London Eye, at about 3 billion ISO.
alex2copy.jpg

3. Cruelty to Colin
andy_colincopy.jpg

4. David, cuffs, beer... sums the day up really.
davidcopy.jpg

5. Duncan
duncancopy.jpg

6. Show me yours I'll show you mine.
ferny_andycopy.jpg

7. Jeanne cuffs Colin to herself!
jeannecopy.jpg

8. A misfocused Tony and Jeanne
jeanne_tonycopy.jpg

9. Busker, Covent Garden
busker2copy.jpg

11. Artist, Leicester Sq
paintercopy.jpg

12. Random chica, Covent Garden
smoking_girlcopy.jpg

13. The many expressions of a scary man I almost had to beat up after he spanked my ass with a sword.
scary_mancopy.jpg

14. Didn't bother bringing a tripod, couldn't resist attempting one anyway...
londoneyecopy.jpg

just to mention ... I had trouble leaving London this morning, since after breakfast I tried to get back to my room and the doorcard would not work, then, later, when trying to pay my bill, all my plastic money failed me :(

It took some time but then I found a way out of this trouble ;)

Thanks Becky for only posting the nicer ones of Alex_B :)

a) I don't think Becky can take any not-nice photos!
b) I don't think it is possible to take any not-nice photos of you, Alex!

Good to know you at least were on your way to Stansted when you first posted. I hope to hear very soon that you have also arrived safely on The Continent! And then I am curious to see your photos, too! You did take some, not only of nice, female tourists, now did you?

Hey, but only "for now"! Ferny. You must post more later! You must! These are too good not to be shown! (And how many people besides this crazy crowd that you were part of, Ferny :greenpbl:, took photos of those SWANS! WOW)

Your ... what was it called again? Super-Mario-Camera? ... well, <- that takes good photos!

Oh. Hang on. Is it THIS forum where we live by the maxime that it is the photographer who takes the photo, and not the camera??? :er:

:wink:
My camera says thanks. ;)

Mario-Cam? :biglaugh:

The only shot I really like is the London Eye one (see below) and the back of the swan. The rest are just snaps which is why I've not fiddled with any.

I'll get it over and done with and post these now.

Alex said:
- So where are all those billions of Ferny-shots?
I've destroyed them all.
Alex said:
- And why isn't the thread called PengDom?
Becasue then we might get into discussions about a certain someone being at a Furry event. ;)
Alex said:
- Did I take any pictures?
No. You created art. :mrgreen:
Alex said:
- Are we allowed to talk about that accent Anty does not have?
She doesn't have one. But she does take a while to count. :mrgreen:
Alex said:
- Was this really the first international meetup of this year, or were there two secret small meetups prior to this one?
Do you count drinking sessions as meets?

becky said:
13. The many expressions of a scary man I almost had to beat up after he spanked my ass with a sword.
I think he liked you. ;) ;)

c8a3ddc0.jpg

bb7900eb.jpg

eb6c1cf4.jpg

c7404382.jpg

d027b5fe.jpg

280e3f07.jpg

6b847bd6.jpg

2e8b51d4.jpg

463d0a8c.jpg

1497c4ee.jpg

514ff21f.jpg