Hands

dmatsui

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
dmatsui.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the First Time i've posted in the Gallery section of the photo forum so its a bit strange for me to be posting in the black and white section as i take very few photos i intend to convert to black and white.
Anyway shoot, tell me what you think of them and most importantly how or what i could do to improve these. Also if you guys can help me think of other ideas where hands are the subject in the photo that would be cool.
3049321843_4839acb48f.jpg

3050161252_e63af4eb5d.jpg

Nice first efforts. Exposed well. Now be thinking how the hands can tell a story, or express an emotion.

I really like the first one but i would change the lighting some how but i am not sure.

When you say change the lighting do you mean that my hands should be reaching for another light source or should the lighting on my hands and in the picture be different?
Thanks for the comments though

I think older hands might look cool.... Maybe doing something like extinguishing a candle or passing along something to younger hands?

When you say change the lighting do you mean that my hands should be reaching for another light source or should the lighting on my hands and in the picture be different?
Thanks for the comments though
It's the lighting in #1 which I like most. If you could use that idea in other hand shots, it would probably go well.

I suspect you were at that location, stuck your hand into the air and said, "Hmmm, interesting." Then pressed the shutter. Your friend was sitting across the table from you, so you shot his hands as well.

You've ended up with very dramatic contrast in that first image, and the edges of the fingers have bold highlights. There are surprisingly good textures along the fingers giving depth.

It's an excellent exercise in light/dark.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back