Happy Bird

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm sure that pelican was happy to've had that big snapper thrown to him. I posted this here because the shot was botched to some degree. I tried shooting in AV (aperture priority) for a change and apparently it doesn't work well with bif. It set the s.s. to 1/250th which was way too slow for the lens and action. The blown whites are compliments of yours truly. More a cool pic than a quality one.

11142059-studio.jpg

I kind of like that Kirk- rules are meant to be broken in Photography - I personally always shoot in full manual mode - as I like to be in control of the end result as for BIF shots I rarely drop below 1/1600th sec @ f8 or f9

Birds on a Lake etc I go down to 1/125th sec and f4 depending on what sort of BG I'm looking to get

Your image - given the slow shutter speed is exceptional bud, with a definite feeling of motion on the wings - not a bad thing

Les :)

I kind of like that Kirk- rules are meant to be broken in Photography - I personally always shoot in full manual mode - as I like to be in control of the end result as for BIF shots I rarely drop below 1/1600th sec @ f8 or f9

Birds on a Lake etc I go down to 1/125th sec and f4 depending on what sort of BG I'm looking to get

Your image - given the slow shutter speed is exceptional bud, with a definite feeling of motion on the wings - not a bad thing

Thanks, I like the motion blur on the wings as well, just wish it were sharper in other areas. If a subject is sitting still I still may use Av because for some reason when I try to go + or - with the exposure compensation while in manual mode it only brackets and I don't always want to do that. Your camera probably doesn't do that I don't imagine or does it?

Thanks, I like the motion blur on the wings as well, just wish it were sharper in other areas. If a subject is sitting still I still may use Av because for some reason when I try to go + or - with the exposure compensation while in manual mode it only brackets and I don't always want to do that. Your camera probably doesn't do that I don't imagine or does it?
all of my Sony bodies have the exposure compensation dial on the top of the camera- I can opt to bracket exposure + or- up to 3 stops in the electronic menu / in the Drive mode - should I choose to do so :)

Top view of my a7Riv
hK3uymL.jpg

Bracketing set up on a7Riv
LMJTVNi.jpg

Most reactions

Back