HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
GTsDShQIQ%6Ficl7ys1k3Q_thumb_747b_Fotor.jpg

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY ~ Our good Mates Fred and Kathleen are celebrating with us today and brought this fine jug o' whiskey along to share. That's one o' me favorite Irish whistles, a Fred Rose crafted in African Blackwood with silver ferrules.

Slainte,
Mike ☘️

I'm part Scot, does that count????

Good try, Smoke! I'm part Irish, my grandmother's maiden name was Nogle and her mother's maiden name was Cochran. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

@vintagesnaps maternal grandfather's line was Grigsby. Traced back to early 1500's in England where they supposedly immigrated from Scotland, but no proof to verify.

I'm part Scot, does that count????

I am English but I still love Irish Whiskey...........:)
Good on ye Mate.
Dogs are very "place" oriented / specific. It sounds as though she may have learned that you do not hold her to the same behavioral standard in the yard as you do elsewhere. Mind you I am not there to observe what the exact dynamics involved might be. For the dogs that I work with, their work is in fact the outlet for their energy and it tests them both physically and mentally (which they find most enjoyable).

As a trainer, I am not one that favors dropping the standard my dogs come to expect to be held to. In fact, I consider obedience to be a way of life for my dogs and it provides them with the structure that dogs do best with.

Sadie has a special ball that she is only allowed to play with as a reward. I'll throw it and she retrieves to hand. Sort of a dual training/play exercise. I've always maintained standards as regards obedience, and it's not really that she isn't being obedient. We have a ton of the little lizards around the house. Every dog we've had seems to be fascinated with chasing them. She's been trained to recognize that "leave it" means you stop what you're doing and move away. Last thing I want is a bird dog chasing squirrels, rabbits, snakes, lizards or any other critter. She will obey the command, but I'm picking up a little hesitation when the training collar isn't on.

Scot Irish, 38% per my sister's DNA test. In as much as dad's family settled in Kentucky I prefer a good Bourbon. Still like a fine Scotch as well. My surname is a Gaelic word.

Most reactions

Back