hard case for dslr

aleksey123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i waned to upgrade my old leather case for some nice hard case, so i googled hard case, and i found this vanguard hard case from sears for only 40$! plus shipp. 7$....i like it so far, well here pic...............i was wondering what kind case you guys use? anyone have same?

DSCN2252.jpg

DSCN2251.jpg

DSCN2253.jpg

Is that pick and pluck foam or did you have to cut it? I have a Pelican 1600 with foam that I use to haul my gear down the nasty roads to the rig with me.

I've seen those vanguard cases used for other sensitive equipment at work... they seem built well enough. I have the Pelican 1510 which originally came with the pluck style foam. I liked the case but not the pluck foam and replaced it with a divider set. You can pack things more densely and you don't get the mess with the foam.

292495395.jpg

I use a Tamrac backpack style bag right now, but whenever I get nicer lenses (which will be a while) I want to upgrade to something like the Pelican cases. Don't really want to roll up to a photoshoot with a camo backpack full of gear. :)

I use a Pelican 1510 also. They are legal TSA carry-on size, but won't fit the overhead bins on regional jets.

I use the accessory lid organizer. Pelican cases are waterproof to a depth of 3 feet and have a lifetime warranty.

Pelican2-14-10_0067.jpg

My speedlights, most of their accessories, Biz cards, gear manuals, model/property releases/paperwork, extra memory cards, and other fooferah, are in a Tenba Messenger bag that slides onto the Pelican's pull bar.

Pelican2-14-10_0065.jpg

Most reactions

Back