Has Anyone Ever Photographed Popping Corn?

astrostu

I shoot for the stars
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just curious about this one. I make popcorn an older-fashioned way, over the stove with real kernels (as in not µwave popcorn). And just after I start making it, I keep thinking, "Darn, I wanted to try to photograph that!"

Has anyone here actually done it? Captured a kernel in the act of popping?

Haven't tried to photograph popcorn, but I watched an episode of Time Warp (slow motion camera) and they filmed popcorn at something like 10,000 frames per second and slowed it down. It was the coolest thing I've seen.

Very nice, you have to find a link for that episode.

i have never tried it, but if seen pictures of it. one of the first popular photo mags i got had a thing on it i think. i kind of remember talk of some sort of infrared triggering system and all other sorts of crazy techno babble.

Very nice, you have to find a link for that episode.
I have to find a link? Use a search engine you noob!!! HaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, I just had to do that! :lmao:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdzah7aEpxM"]2nd half of the video....[/ame]

Very cool video. It's not a still pic, though. I think it'd be more difficult to time a still pic properly (or get lucky).

And keep hot oil from splattering all over your camera!

I have seen very cheap DIY high speed photography trigger projects with poping balloons triggered by sound. I suppose that it could be used and triggered by a popping kernel. Could be interesting, and turn out to be a really cool photo, or a huge(but interesting) waste of time.

Most reactions

Back