Roger3006

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.midsouthgunslinger.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Good Morning Everyone (depending on where you are),

Has anyone used CamRanger? If you have, do you like it and what are the pros and cons? Below is a link to their website.

CamRanger Wireless Tethered Photography iPad, Mac, Android & PC Special Promo

FYI-I have nothing to do with this company. I have never seen one of these units. I am considering buying one.

Thank y'all you your input and have a great day,

Roger

I dont know that one in particular, but I know people who havent had great experiences with the similar EyeFI devices, on thier Canon kit. (slowness at high MP)

I've got one and I love it! It's a great piece of kit for 'untethered tethering'. I haven't used it for the control aspect yet (that'll come in hummingbird season), but I do use it in the studio so that models (and I) can see how things are progressing. It's pricey for what it is, but I like mine. A lot!

Thanks for the replys. It is not pricey compared to the Nikon Wireless Units. Can it be used with Camera Control 2?

For me, the elimination of wires is always a good thing. Eliminating a USB cable is what I am trying to accomplish. Are there any other products y'all recommend? I shoot tethered into a computer. I have no interest in using my smart phone or a tablet.

Roger

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys. It is not pricey compared to the Nikon Wireless Units. Can it be used with Camera Control 2?

For me, the elimination of wires is always a good thing.

Roger
It's totally independent of any other software, and requires nothing but the unit itself and the software which you download to your computer/tablet/smartphone.

I think a couple of other TPF threads have also previously been started about the Camranger.

I have one and I used it to show the model our pics on an outdoor set via my iPad. Worked great. I did try it for controlling the shots but only once or twice and it seemed slow and cumbersome. It could if been just me not being use to it though.

I dont know that one in particular, but I know people who havent had great experiences with the similar EyeFI devices, on thier Canon kit. (slowness at high MP)

I have an Eye-Fi in my 5D3 which I use to send .jpg's to my iPad as I shoot so both my model and myself can rate and review instantly. I love it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back