Has the weather been horrible for anyone else?

Senor Hound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been trying to get out to take some shots, but the weather we've been having here is HORRIBLE. Its already rained 45 inches this year where I live, which is usually what we would get for an ENTIRE YEAR! Even on days where the skies don't open up, there's a humidity unlike anything I've ever felt in Missouri. The temperatures are lower than usual, but with the humidity, heat indexes are 5, 10, even sometimes 15 degrees hotter than actual temperature. If I wanted this sort of weather, I'd move to New Orleans!

Anyway, there are very few dry, tolerably warm days around here. Is anyone else experiencing some strange weather or normal weather which is impeding your photography plans?

Monsoons get in the way of taking astrophotos, and being in the city gets in the way of taking monsoon photos. I went down south this last weekend and I couldn't put my camera down because it was just so beautiful.

Monsoons get in the way of taking astrophotos, and being in the city gets in the way of taking monsoon photos. I went down south this last weekend and I couldn't put my camera down because it was just so beautiful.

Aren't monsoons only in places like India and Bangladesh and the Phillipines?

I didn't know we had monsoons in America! That's kind of cool! That is, unless you have to be outside a lot. I'm gonna guess not much gets built outside during the monsoon season. :)

You'd be surprised how much construction goes on during monsoon. It usually only rains in the afternoons, so they have all morning to fry in the sun.

I got caught in the rain in Bisbee the other day, thought I would float away....

Weather's been rough here as well. I was at a car show on Sunday and it rained most of the time. I saw a bit of sun in the afternoon so took the roof down for the drive home (70 miles, about an hour). As soon as I got on the road the skies opened. The car's running a bit hot right now which came in handy. I pointed the heater to the windscreen and after five miles the hot air cleared the rain on the inside of the screen.

I've been trying to get out to take some shots, but the weather we've been having here is HORRIBLE. Its already rained 45 inches this year where I live, which is usually what we would get for an ENTIRE YEAR! Even on days where the skies don't open up, there's a humidity unlike anything I've ever felt in Missouri. The temperatures are lower than usual, but with the humidity, heat indexes are 5, 10, even sometimes 15 degrees hotter than actual temperature. If I wanted this sort of weather, I'd move to New Orleans!

Anyway, there are very few dry, tolerably warm days around here. Is anyone else experiencing some strange weather or normal weather which is impeding your photography plans?

Your horrible is my favorable... and the LACK of weather here (100+ days) is impeeding my photography efforts, lol...

It's been raining a lot down here also, but it has advantages as well as disadvantages.

Horrible white skies, but lush vegetation. Harder to endure the oudtdoors, but brighter colors all around. Heck, even a stone wall may look intersting with a deeper color and some new, moist moss covering it!

I've identified a couple of locations that should look great after a good shower... I'm trying to make ends meet and go there at the right time...

It's been pretty changeable here. I was gonna get up on my roof and do a 360 pano to show the variation; storms on one side, bright blue skies to the other and a little flickering of a rainbow too. But then the storm came over and it started raining, so I couldn't :(

Aren't monsoons only in places like India and Bangladesh and the Phillipines?

I didn't know we had monsoons in America! That's kind of cool! That is, unless you have to be outside a lot. I'm gonna guess not much gets built outside during the monsoon season. :)

People say it started on the 3rd, but I won't believe it until we're knee deep.

Today there was a heat index of 100 (90 was the actual temp), and I had to change all four tires on my car without anything but my flat-tire jack and a four way (don't ask why). I noticed there would be a FEW raindrops every few seconds, like the sky is so saturated it can't hold any more. Its just gross-feeling to be out in.

What I wouldn't give for just ONE DAY where I look at the weather and it doesn't say "30% chance of isolated storms..." That part of the year is usually long gone around here (grass is usually dead by July and whatnot), but this dang rain just won't go away!

I blame El Nino, or global warming, or anything else that will listen to me.

It was 111 here yesterday according to Accuweather.com
...Not to mention the thick smoke in the sky from all the fires..

Other than the fact that it is storming today here, it has been extremely dry. mid to low 90s every day. My grass is all dead. The only flowers you see around here are in stores.

I would say, "Its a dry heat, caspertodd," But 111 degrees is 111 degrees, dry or not! :) I have heard a lot of people from out in the US southwest area (desert parts) say even though the desert is hotter, they like the heat out there more than here cause here you feel like you can't breathe in our humidity. I don't know if that's true or not, having never been to the desert or California's valley area (whatever you call Fresno, Sacramento, Bakersfield area).

Today I was at work, and usual there was just a cloudy sky, when all of the sudden without warning the skies OPENED up and it rained buckets for about 25 minutes. Then, nothing. There was no warning sprinkle, or winds, nothing. I hear that's the sort of stuff it does down by the gulf, but for some reason this year, its about 500 miles too far north! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back