elrafo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
el-rafo.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello there,

I was wondering if the 500Cm is still compatible with digital backs...? I know it is not a very up to date camera but still... I enjoy to use it, and if one day they stop procuding films I will be really disapointed ;)

Also, are all the digital backs super expensive, even Used?
I think a 12 or 16 MP would be enough for me (as soon as the digital back does not need an external HD or a power supply!;))

thanks for the advice....

Yes! Several manufacturers make/made backs for them. Phase One is the biggest name that comes to mind, leaf is another. Kodak made some, maybe still does, and makes the sensor for several brands of backs. I came very close to buying a Phase One P25, 21 M.P. back. The price was $6,600. The same day I was to buy it, Nikon announced the D3. I bought that instead. One thing to watch out for. Even the 21 MP backs do not have 6X6 sensors, but closer to 6X4.5. Older 6 and 11 MP backs have about a 35mm format sensor. The 6X4.5 sensor backs come with a viewfinder mask, so it's not really a big deal, except most Blad shooters really like not having to shoot sideways for portraits.

Also, the newer backs have LCD screens, battery power, and CF card slots. The Phase One backs in the P series are portable and have these features, the H series are tethered by firewire and get power through the firewire cable.

Yup ... and I see the resolution is 35x35 mm for the sensor, does it means that if you use a 80mm lens, the sensor resulted picture is equivalent to a 150 mm lens ?

Yup ... and I see the size is 35x35 mm for the sensor, does it means that if you use a 80mm lens, the sensor resulted picture is equivalent to a 150 mm lens ?
It is roughly 60% smaller so 80mm would be about 130mm with crop factor

Wow I'm bad a math, well 36mm/60mm=.6, so the crop factor is 1.6 I think :lol:

ok! that's better than I thought, but yes, it is too expensive. I will wait a few years and buy it from ebay ;)

From what i've heard, the new top-of-the-line DSLR cameras are as good or better than the older MF digital backs.

So rather than trying to find a back for your Hassy body...you might consider getting an adaptor to use your MF lenses on a new DSLR.

Yup ... and I see the resolution is 35x35 mm for the sensor, does it means that if you use a 80mm lens, the sensor resulted picture is equivalent to a 150 mm lens ?

Depending on which digital back and camera the lens factor changes. Don't forget that besides the Phase One P20, which has a square chip, you will be getting a MFDB that gives you the option to go vertical or horizontal.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration

(404)234-5195 Cell
(404)522-7662 Atlanta
(305 )534-5701 Miami
(877 )217-9870 National
www.captureintegration.com
[email protected]

PHASE ONE PARTNER OF THE YEAR - 2006

Hey Guys I am back ;)

I was looking at Ebay for Digital backs and the Phaseone P20 seems to be only compatible with H series?
I was sure that phaseone were compatible with all V system Cameras, that means that the 500 c/m is only compatible with HAssy digital backs?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back