www.scottandersen.fototime.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ghosts are multiple exposures no edits

n1190332671_30231462_6829586.jpg

n1190332671_30231461_1169711.jpg

n1190332671_30231456_6279655.jpg

n1190332671_30231455_2739790.jpg

cool ghost effect. i love how u take all natural photos..no photoshop. thats the real art. very nice!

thanks most people don't know that things you do in photoshop can be done without it. and that photoshop is just a lazy mans tool and an excuse to take crappy photos because you can fix them later. I'm not against editing i just try to get the effects i want in the Field. i think that this is an art form that is disappearing fast with the ease of software. before digital photography we had to come up with cool abstract way to developer the film to get cool prints. and keep in mind some things you might see as flaws other people may want that effect. for example sometimes i take blurry pics and people say man thats way out of focus lol. and I'm like ahhhh no its really not. to each his own though in my opinion photography has no rules, its just whatever looks good or whatever inspires you. thanks for the comments though keep em coming

^^^ ooo, that's going to win you some friends. :lol:

You may wanna don your fire retardant suit.

Anyway, on the images... I'm not a film guy, so I don't know if this is normal, but some of those were quite fuzzy... looks almost like you just missed the focus entirely, or tried to focus on the "ghost", which then wasn't there for the primary shot... I would make the somewhat rash assumption that were it an actual "ghost" in the shot, that it wouldn't be the point of focus so much as an "OH CRAP WHAT'S THAT IN MY PERFECTLY NORMAL IMAGE OF XXXX?!?!!"

Also along those lines, the core images themselves don't seem like much... I mean if you're really just playing with the effect, then cool, but it seems like it would be more powerful if it were a neat shot that happened to have the "mysterious figure" in it. I wish I could remember who on TPF did the amazing ones in the old derelict hospital... very cool stuff. Good example images. Anyone else recall who did that?

Also along the lines of the whole "what you're focusing on" thing... the ghost being the obvious subject seems weird to me, since I think most people again expect images of ghosts to be accidental... and if it wasn't accidental, I think most people would freak the frig out before they took a moment to snap a nice dead-center picture of a ghost. :lol:

Also thinking along the lines of doing more with the idea than just actually pulling off the double-exposure... if you were going to have a ghost in a gypsie graveyard, wouldn't it perhaps be more telling if the ghost wasn't wearing a sports shirt and a baseball hat? Maybe something more "stereotypical", or perhaps at least more dated? I think it takes away from the effect some.

Finally- I think the same rules apply to ghosts as they do to people... you probably don't want stuff coming straight out of their heads.

Anyway, some thoughts. Use 'em or ignore 'em as you see fit! :)

you guys dont get it i made those pics like that on purpose. if its blury its done on purpose. im not out to fool people into thinking these are real ghosts its just me and my friend messing arround with the multiple exposure mode..

you guys dont get it i made those pics like that on purpose. if its blury its done on purpose. im not out to fool people into thinking these are real ghosts its just me and my friend messing arround with the multiple exposure mode..

We don't get it? How about "Oh, I'm sorry I never specified?"

Had you said "We were just screwing around with the method!" my comments would have been "Hey, it worked!" and that'd have been about it. Since you didn't specify, I very bizarrely thought you were trying to do something more. I know... I'm absolutely phuquing insane! :lol:

So here, let me adjust my comments for you...

<ahem!>

"Hey! It worked!"

Better?

Awesome!

haha lol actually man im so f'd up right now i keep forgeting what im typing and need to get off. but those pictures had no theme or anything to them they were just last minute idea that we wanted to test out. i cant really remember what was being said but i thought people would be able to tell that since i posted a very blury picture that thats how i wanted it to look and it wasnt cause i dont know how to focus a camera lol. next time ill post in specific series and give titles or info on the pictures

thanks most people don't know that things you do in photoshop can be done without it. and that photoshop is just a lazy mans tool and an excuse to take crappy photos because you can fix them later... before digital photography we had to come up with cool abstract way to developer the film to get cool prints...

Basically, I decided to stop reading and assume you're not really here for some C&C but mainly to feed your already overblown ego. Ignorance comes to mind...

I don't get the "blur as art form". Unless there is a clear anchor somewhere in the photo it looks like a mistake.

Basically, I decided to stop reading and assume you're not really here for some C&C but mainly to feed your already overblown ego. Ignorance comes to mind...

That was uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back