Have any of you donated prints to photo related charity benefits?

Ilovemycam

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If so, what size prints do you send in to be auctioned - 11 x 14, 11 x 17, 13 x 19, 20 x 24?

How many prints do you send to one sale?

What type of paper do you send in?

RC paper is a lot cheaper than rag paper, so wondered if you send in less of rag prints and more of RC? Or do you just send in less prints, but send in your best?

My question is tailored more to ink jet prints. But would like to here from the wet darkroom printers as well how they handle charity benefits.

Thanks

Personally , I never give or sell a photo using RC papers, only Fiber based that have archival process.

When they have been donated I ask the organization what they would like , not only in regard to size but subject matter.

I would follow the same guide lines with inkjet papers, using only pigment inks and archival papers.

ALso, remember, you can only take a tax write off for the price of supplies not what the image sells for.

I donated three matted & framed prints to a Muscular Dystrophy auction a couple of years ago. I believe they were 16x20's. They were digital images so I sent them to the local shop for printing. The frames (the most costly item) were nice looking, but inexpensive from Michaels that I got on sale; I cut the mats so I only had to get the mat board.

Last edited:
I have donated canvas prints 16x20 to 30x36.... People really like canvas prints and they raise more money.

Wow, those are some huge prints! And framing and matting, you guys are very generous!

I'm not much of a big donator like you guys. Can't afford to do everything I'd like to do. But I would like to do something that fits in my budget. That was why I was thinking RC. But I may scale down the print size to fit a budget for rag paper. I was thinking of donating a big handfull of RC prints, but may do just a few rag prints to put quality over quantity.

I donated a mounted 16x20" a couple years ago for a silent auction in Ohio. The print cost me next to nothing, and we did the mounting at work so it did cost nothing.

They raised around $400.00 in the auction with it. I thought that was kinda' cool...

Most reactions

Back