What's new

Have you ever done this???

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 26, 2008
Messages
476
Reaction score
18
Location
Broward, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I went out the other evening to shoot, with the idea of not giving a crap!.. I gotta tell you, it was refreshing. I'm always so concerned with composition, settings, and yada yada... It was very refreshing to go out, and just not care..

Well here's a few... Although I must confess, I am still trying to figure out how to get light streaks with a sunset without blowing out the sky.. .Any suggestions??? C&C always welcome...

FinalBest_0104.jpg


VICTIM...LOL...

FUNNY_0024.jpg


MAYBE2_0067.jpg
 
In order to get the light streaks while maintaining the integrity of the sky I would try using a graduated neutral density filter. It will allow you to properly expose for the foreground while keeping a properly exposed sky.
 
Honestly, caring about composition is not a chore to me, and i dont think i could "Not care" about composition. Its cool how after a while your eye learns to pick out what will work so when your take a look through the view finder your already most of the way to getting that shot just the way you want it
 
Have you ever done this?

No, I can't help but do all that stuff automatically now. Not that I don't ever screw up (I am always learning), but I am usually paying attention to what I am doing. It is just engrained now to do that ;)

Plus, it would completely piss me off if I had the opportunity for a killer picture and screwed it up by doing something stupid composition wise ;)
 
Honestly, caring about composition is not a chore to me, and i dont think i could "Not care" about composition. Its cool how after a while your eye learns to pick out what will work so when your take a look through the view finder your already most of the way to getting that shot just the way you want it

Exactly. We posted at the same time :lol:
 
In order to get the light streaks while maintaining the integrity of the sky I would try using a graduated neutral density filter. It will allow you to properly expose for the foreground while keeping a properly exposed sky.

Funny you should say that.. because this morning I was thinking maybe a N.D. filter might help... So I guess I'm going to have to pick one up... Just when you think you have all the gear you need... :lol:

Perhaps I should have re-phrased, I'm obsessive about composition... So it was nice to just point the camera and fire off shots...:D
 
Just when you think you have all the gear you need... :lol:

I don't think that ever actually happens until you decide to quit and sell it all. :lol:

Perhaps I should have re-phrased, I'm obsessive about composition... So it was nice to just point the camera and fire off shots...:D

I still say, I ALWAYS look at composition, automatically, compulsively, or otherwise. Otherwise, I just don't see a point. There are enough people that hold a camera out and take a picture.

To each his own though, if it helps you concentrate on creativity or something else, then more power to ya!

When I teach someone, I tell them to concentrate on certain things at a time instead of all at once. That's what I did.
 
lol @ victim. thats good :thumbup:

yes as mentioned ND filter i think.

this kind of walk-around photog is worthwhile. something often comes up that cannot be anticipated. and if not.. well you got some fresh air. ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom