Have you suffered the "Good enough" syndrome?

sniper x

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I ask because in the professional video and motion picture film industry we have seen our ranks shrink greatly with the advent of cheap HD cameras and phones that do HD video. Not to mention when DSLR cameras started to shoot good HD video. Have you in the phtotgraphy pro ranks seen this as well?
One reason I ask is because I shot a wedding for a good client friend on HD video ( don't do weddings usually) and their supposed pro photographer they hired showed up with a high end Nikon point and shoot camera...... Not to mention she also had a card error she could not recover from half way through the sboot which I had to fix for her.

My friends had their wedding shot by a guy who has/had 2 x d3s and the trinity of f2.8 lenses. Same guy shot my cousins wedding and it was terrible. I mentioned to my friends but as it was 2 years later they assumed he would have improved since my cousin. He didn't and they ended up with a load of portraits shot with the fab 14-24 f2.8, which didn't flatter anyone. All it takes is money to look like a pro, shooting like a pro is not as easy

Thought so. It killed the business of many pros in the video world.

Thought so. It killed the business of many pros in the video world.

Sad but true. There are some folks who still realize you get what you pay for, but for a lot of people they think they can get professional results on a less than shoe string budget. They won't of course, but until they get burned a few times.. well, such be life.

Have you in the phtotgraphy pro ranks seen this as well?
Yes.
Today a professional photographer is anyone that gets paid to make photographs (good or bad photographs). As opposed to back in the day when a professional photographer was an expert at doing photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back