Have you Switched?

Have you switched your DSLR gear since 2007?

• Canon to Nikon

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Nikon to Canon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not switched brands

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters

Playdo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Out of interest, how many people have switched their DSLR gear from Canon to Nikon or from Nikon to Canon since 2007?

Would be useful to have options for "Not switched from Canon" and "Not switched from Nikon", as it will give you a comparison against those who have never switched.

I went from Canon point and shoot to Nikon DSLR.

Same here. I still prefer the Canon Point and Shoots but the Kikon DSlr's fit my hands better.

Chris did you add the extra option 'not switched brands' to the poll?

Never switched. I've always used Canon.

Why not just "have you switched"?

There are more cars out there than Ford and GM...

Yeah, but nobody wants to drive those...

Unless you're talking about one of the more expensive German brands, but those are probably beyond the reach of most of us...

Unless you're talking about one of the more expensive German brands, but those are probably beyond the reach of most of us...
I bought my first Honda this past year, an '02 Civic Si. It's a blast to drive, but can't touch the Lancia Beta I had in the '80s though. My first car was a '72 MG Midget.

Oh snap... this is a photography forum... and the question was about cameras.......:blushing:

My first SLR was a Pentax, then I got a couple of Canons. When I was ready to go digital I expected to go Canon also. That was until I held the Nikons in me little mitts. I always wanted a Nikon back in the film days but couldn't afford them. Now I can. :D But I don't think my swap fits in with the poll. Funny about that, I rarely do.

...Funny how "one of the more expensive German brands" applies to both cameras and cars, isn't it...?

WHAT?

Don't want to highjack this thread so I'll respond to this (I just have to) and be done with it.

Did I miss something or is it quite the opposite? Nobody (or should I say, few people) wants to drive US cars and that is why we have been talking about giving them millions of our tax dollars. :(

As for expensive German brands, I drove a Mercedes until just a few years ago. We sold it only because it didn't fit what we needed anymore. We had paid $2,250. for it and someone was happy to get it for twice as much. It had, I confess, been turned into a Frybrid in the meantime.

Yes, it was a 79. Worked just as good as the new ones though. Yes, it did not have any of the gadgets you'll find in the new ones but, frankly, I am not about to pay $50,000 or more for a few gadgets that don't get you where you are going any better :lol:

I now drive a Dodge only because I needed a full size pickup with a diesel (frybrid again) and the Japanese automakers don't bring theirs here. :(

Now, to get back to the point of this thread:
Yes, I have switched but I can't answer your poll because none of the answers you have offered fit my situation.

I have switched from Minolta film gear to Canon digital.

My response was meant as a joke.

At $2,250.00 so is mine ...

I once worked with a guy that bought a Mercedes (can't remember model or year) for about $3000. Turned out that it needed a little work... The starter (which was completely different from any starter I've ever seen before) needed replaced. I think it cost about $3000....

I didn't switch. But I have Nikon and Canon DSLR's. Nikon and Minolta 35mm equipment. Can say I have always been a fence sitter. Can't decide so I just get what ever I like at the moment. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back