Haven't been on here in a LONG time, what do you think?

fdupblindkids

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my very FIRST try at a "professional" looking newborn shoot. It was hectic, lots of crying...but once little Mia was calm we got some great shots. What do you think?

Attachments

• $Abucketblur.jpg
    $Abucketblur.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 141
I think you need to fix your white balance. She's orange sherbet orange. You have more props going on in that one image than you need in a whole newborn shoot. Simplify and use one at a time. Your skin smoothing is costing you all of the detail in her face. The masking job is really poor and shows very dominantly in the larger image. The fact that the fence ends and you're looking at the rail is a real distraction. Cropping closer will help.

Would you be willing to edit the original image?

Yeah, I can't fix that orange very well. You'll have to take it back to raw to fix it
$nic fix_1.JPG

I'd either get rid of the skin smoothing completely or do it very lightly. As is - you can't see any texture in the babies skin. And it makes the eye area look really odd since there is a lot of detail there but no where else. Personally, I don't really think babies need skin smoothing. Their skin might need a little help if they have blotchy skin and baby acne.....but anything done should be very light and it shouldn't look noticeably fixed.

Would you be willing to edit the original image?

Sure. If you have the raw you can upload it to a free mediafire for me to download and then post the link here.

Honestly, I used to use Paint Shop Pro, I just got a mac and unless I run bootcamp...I have to use photoshop, and I'm still very, very new at it. Editing in paint shop pro, for me, was a lot easier. Where can I go to upload a raw image for you to edit? The one I tried said it was an invalid file. Or do I have to convert it first?

I have a few more that I edited, if you're interested in critiquing them. I don't think they are as orange. If so, should I post them on this thread?

$babyy.jpg $baby2.jpg

Here's my take! I tried cropping but I think it looks a lot better without the crop. & I agree about the props, a little too much. I would like to see more baby. But overall I think its's a very nice shot. :thumbup:

I have a few more that I edited, if you're interested in critiquing them. I don't think they are as orange. If so, should I post them on this thread?
Sure. go ahead.

Here's 2 more

Attachments

• $ADoll.jpg
    $ADoll.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • $AScratchBG.jpg
    $AScratchBG.jpg
    667.6 KB · Views: 97
I think before you do anything else you probably need to get your monitor calibrated so that you can see the correct colors.
She really did not need any skin smoothing at all. I did remove noise because this was about one full stop underexposed and there was a good amount of luminant noise.
The first upload is ONLY done using Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop CS6. I'll post my adjustments in a minute.
The second is after I took it in to photoshop, roughly cloned the board, used a second layer to bring down that highlight on the side of her head. The cloning is dirty and I'd actually clean it up if I were going to use the image.
$Newborn Raw.jpg
$DSC_0119 as Smart Object-1.jpg

Here are my settings in Adobe Camera Raw. On the curves tab click on the parametric curve I also changed that to a high contrast curve.
$settings 1.jpg$settings 2.jpg$settings 3.jpg$Settings 4.jpg

Most reactions

Back