Having fun with water!

JWellman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jwellmandesigns.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didn't have the lens (or extensions) that Bryan Peterson recommended for this exercise but thought I'd give it a try nonetheless. What fun I had! I'm sure it's old hat to most of you but trying to do the 365 day project always leaves me searching for new things to try. :confused: Hope you enjoy them!

5_23_11_Water_Play.jpg

Last edited:
I love it!
Its, i guess different from what i normally see
Its awesome! Haha
Great job
Also thanks for the link to the thread, haha i have to try this

You're welcome and thanks for the comments! I'm going to try different colors tomorrow. I just love watching the bubbles swirl. It's like watching a home-made kaleidescope!

The first one is pretty *meh*.

I really like the second one.

The first really lacks any real composition. The second has some good stuff going on.
The dark bands, top and bottom which help frame. The top is darker, but feels balanced with the very large oil drop at the bottom, with falls on a thirds intersection.
You have dynamic angled lines. You have a group of tiny bubbles, which I'll call an empty space between bigger oil drops, also nestled on a thirds intersection. To top it off, you have the chartreuse splotches that aid in leadin the eye around.

The top one has none of that goodness.

The first one is pretty *meh*.

I really like the second one.
I agreed this afternoon when choosing my favorite for the day. :sexywink: I think the second one had them all beat and there were a bunch. I finally gave up trying to edit them all and stopped after I found 7 that I liked.

I would say either too close to the background or not zoomed in enough.

Which lens were you using Lyonsroar?

50mm + an assortment of extension tubes I believe. Can't remember how many.

Between the two of you, the images are two different animals. To be frank, Jess, your second image is more compelling to me than LR's.

Sorry, LR.

Very neat stuff. What brand of extension tubes are you using? And does your AF work with them?

Great shots! Love the bubbles you've made. I'm guessing it's an air hose?

Bitter Jeweler said:
Between the two of you, the images are two different animals. To be frank, Jess, your second image is more compelling to me than LR's.

Sorry, LR.

It's art. All art is subjective. No need to apologize. :)

MWG said:
Very neat stuff. What brand of extension tubes are you using? And does your AF work with them?

I don't think she used extension tubes.

For me I have some Pro-Optic offbrand ones I got from Adorama for like $50. They have the contacts for AF to work, but to be honest the AF is useless with them. Much better off with MF.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back