Having problems photographing birds, post shot

What would you all (who shoot canon) set for BIF & raw? I shoot full manual.

Welp, I'm working 12 hour days, 7 days a week amidst this covid 19 pandemic, so I will try to get some shots from both lenses and post them up. I really think it's 50/50 settings in my camera (not manual settings, menu settings) and my post editing. And *maybe* metering mode or auto iso.

Your ISO is very high, you don't need your shutter speed to be at 1/1000. Play around with lower shutters, it's possible you could get by with 1/500 or so. Also you can add clarity, and texture to your photo. If you sent me the raw, I could edit it better but this is what I got!
paigewilks.comEagleEditWM.jpg

At speeds of 1/500 and faster IS should definitely be turned off.

What would you all (who shoot canon) set for BIF & raw? I shoot full manual.

Manual most of the time for me, either with auto ISO or I'mm set my ISO manually dependding on how freqently the lighting changes. When I got my current camera I went through this:

to give me a good starting point.

I've tweeked it a bit using the My Menu settings so I can switch the major differences between widlife and landscape, also changed the tracking sensitivity to slow which is a bit better for what I shoot. We had a lot of bad weather in the second half of last year and Jan/Feb of this year, now in lockdown so not been able to get out as much as I would have liked. If I'm lucky I can finish getting our very overgrown garden tidied and maybe set up for garden birds, but I've a lot of clearing to do first.

Most reactions

Back