CraniumDesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevendavisphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Folks,

I've been on Oahu for 2 days now and I've taken about 150-200 pics, keeping only 29 that I liked, stored here...

Hawaii - 3/11/09-4/1/09 - a set on Flickr

Here's 5 of my favorites. I think for just having started 3 months ago I'm not doing too bad. Lemme know how I can improve :) Thanks!

1. Fountain (2 second exposure)
3352338255_fcf8560aea.jpg

2. Palm trees
3353164506_93f8f42b30.jpg

3. Plover bird (f/4.5)
3352344047_8b375e4a95.jpg

4. Mongoose sleeping (f/4.5)
3352349297_8852b5ccd6.jpg

5. Koko Head (HDR, made from a -2,0,+2 exposure set, sky blended 50% opacity with normal exposure to make them less dark.)
3352350503_dbd5d6a928.jpg

I like these. So tell me. why didn't you wake the mongoose up? LOL

the mongoose's were actually running all over the places. 3 or 4 of em. i got more pics in the rest of the gallery.

That was a joke - because I thought mongoose were known for being nasty ..... oh well. :er:

No snakes in Hawaii.

#1 - Nice long exposure shot.

#2 - Yep, palm trees. Nicely exposed.

#3 - Nice shot, but kinda centered. Good use of shallow DOF. We currently have a plover visiting in our back yard.

#4 - Cool shot. Nice DOF.

#5 - Really not a fan of HDR.

Nice shots. Hope you make it up to the North Shore and my favorite town in the world Haleiwa.

It's also fun to shoot the body surfers off the pier at the east end of Waikiki.

While you're there, grab a drink (good breakfast place too!) at Lulu's.

Love the shots. Makes me miss the place. Can you do me a favor? Go to Kaneohe Bay and take a picture from the front gate of the Marince Corps base into the base. I just want to see what it looks like now, if you can.

Thanks

Nice shots. Hope you make it up to the North Shore and my favorite town in the world Haleiwa.

yeah, i'll definitely go there while i'm here. maybe take some surfing shots and others.

Can you do me a favor? Go to Kaneohe Bay and take a picture from the front gate of the Marince Corps base into the base. I just want to see what it looks like now, if you can.

sure, if i'm already in the area.

Most reactions

Back