Hawaii Sunset

wing352

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first time posting and i would like to get some CC, so i can improve. when i got my xti, i didn't know much about DSLR. Ever since joining TPF couple weeks ago, i've learned so much from reading the new and old threads and experimenting with different technique. I know i still have a long way to go, but at least i know i am on the right track. btw,I learn the © and the border from this forum. :wink: Thank you so much.

IMG_0016m.jpg

I think your left leg is a bit shorter than the other...otherwise, a good shot. Maybe a graduated ND would help a tad...but still nice.

I think its really pretty. You mat want to fix the horizon line though. Also, maybe try playing with the colors to see if you could bring it alive more....thats what i would do but i like color

The horizon's tipping.

Very nice! That one has a lot of potential to get even better with some post processing. Here's what I did in a minute or so with DxO software.

Original:
IMG_0016m.jpg

DxO by Mav:
IMG_0016md.jpg

- Unsharp Mask at 150%, 0.3px radius, 0 threshold
- Generic Fuji Velvia 100 color film profile (punches up color and contrast)
- additional 20% "smart vibrancy"
- Medium lighting correction
- horizon shift, -1.70 degrees to level

I still want to punch up the colors more. :mrgreen: As Sideburns suggested, try to use a graduated neutral density filter (2-stops would probably work great for this). That'll let you get more definition in the actual sunset whereas in this one it's already very overexposed. Very nice shot, though! Going even more extreme on the adjustments than I did here and this would probably be enlargement worthy. :)

I think your left leg is a bit shorter than the other...otherwise, a good shot. Maybe a graduated ND would help a tad...but still nice.

The horizon's tipping.

Thanks sideburns and Sw1tchFX, I agree that the horizon is tipped, i will bring a tripod next time.

I think its really pretty. You mat want to fix the horizon line though. Also, maybe try playing with the colors to see if you could bring it alive more....thats what i would do but i like color

Thanks Emerana. I will play with the color to see if i can make it better.

Thanks Mav, i really like what you did with the photo. I really like it, i'll try to post process the photo with PS.

Thank you all for your input.

Here is my try. I have only just started playing with photoshop for the first time about 2 weeks ago. But here is my best try.

temppicfixed.jpg

-Puma-

Not to be nit-picky...but I think its a little over saturated......I am no expert though

You don't need a tripod. Just stand straight and hold your camera level. Also, you can fix it in photoshop.

I thought I straightened it out , but I guess its still off a little

-Puma-

(puts head in hands)

Puma, I like yours too, but the hard blue from the water distracts your attention away from the sunset, so I think it sorta starts to look a bit unnatural. I'd like to see a little more blue in mine though, he heh

Needs more saturation, but not as much as Puma added IMHO. I like the comp. but I agree that the horizon NEEDS to be fixed.....

Here is my go at it

73brww7.jpg

Coldow91, nicely done. I am currently in Guangzhou China right now and the internet connection is really slow, i actually felt asleep waiting for this post to show up. I will travel to Hong Kong and Macau next week, i'll post my latest photo from this trip once i get back. Thanks and I'll see you soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back