hawaii teasers

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
I processed a couple of shots to share with you guys from the Hawaii trip. I spent much more time looking than I did snapping pics though, I have to admit. :)

These two waterfalls are from a botanical garden not far from Hilo on the Big Island.

The shadows on the first are crap because the sun was playing hide-n-seek with the clouds and I never managed to get the shot I actually wanted, but the second one turned out nicely I think.

h_falls01.jpg

h_falls02.jpg

That last one! Nice job! Great choice of exposure time and the composition works well for the picture. Very nice.

You are hereby forbidden to post any further pictures of lush tropical landscapes that remind me how badly I want to take a vacation and leave my fluorescent cubicle of torture! :evil:

Really like the second shot, sorry that the lighting didn't work out as planned for the first.

Hey, welcome back photobug. Although I have to say that I'm jealous of your vacation. It reminds me of the time I've been to Hawaii. Once you go there you never want to leave. Thanks for the painful reminder, by the way. :wink: Great shots you have here. Waterfalls are always a welcomed sight.

Yoouuu suck! :wink: . Always wanted to go to Hawaii. Now I almost feel like somebody else went and then rubbed my nose in it! :D

Great shots, Bug. Especially the first. I like the way the waterfall leads your eye through the whole frame, instead of just right up the middle and out the top.

nice... i cant wait to travel in the coming years... this winter will be awsome ill be snowboarding and in the snowy mts 3-5 times a week i hope :)

Thanks everyone, there's more coming, but I'll put them in galleries and link to them. They won't look this nice since they'll be batch converted from RAW to jpeg & some of them need a lot of work and all could benefit from sharpening.

Anyway, answering specific comments...

graig- 1st one- 1.5 sec @f/32 manual mode, ISO 200
2nd one- 1 sec @ f/32, manual mode, ISO 200
no filter on either, which was part of the problem with the first (and many of the other waterfall shots I took).

Chase- it's just a phone call & a plane ride away my friend. Life's short- go for it!

craig- 5" of snow in the middle of May. Time to move to a warmer clime dude!

Harpper- It only took me 25.5 years to get back, don't wait as long as we did.

drlynn- :lol: sorry man, didn't mean to ruin your day.

thebigbillybob- you can snowboard in Hawaii bubba. Honest. 8)

yea i knows u can but all im sayin is im gonna get my scenic thang on up in the mts hopefully moving to mammoth for a winter soon :)

Cant wait to see these galleries big bug.

I agree about Hawaii, Ive been twice and would keep going back time and time again if I could. Maui is delicious.

Lung- you didn't go to Haleakala Crater? Lots of red stuff there I hear, not sure about tubes/flows though.

It was nice to go back after 25 years. Lots had changed, much had stayed the same.

I'm ready to go back. ;)

Most reactions

Back