Hawk or Juvenile Golden Eagle ?

Keta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ketadesign.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A mystery bird has appeared at the beach. First, a couple of weeks ago. Notice the big crab in it's beak . . .

march3.jpg

It's flying so low over the sand, right on the shoreline, not at all like the adult Bald Eagles I'm used to.

Then, last weekend, I came across him again. Luckily for me after less than a half hour wait he obliged me by taking off most nicely for my camera.

march6.jpg

march7.jpg

march8.jpg

Can anyone tell me what it is?? I'm very surprised that the adult Bald Eagles are allowing another predator in their midst.

And, just for fun . . .

march1.jpg

mating season is upon us.

the rest of the pics are at
pretty green duck + random bald eagle

Cool pics, making me jelous, all that warm looking wether too but... ??? are you sure they are the same bird? the first one looks like a juvenile herring gul?!?

tim

ive got a bunch of pics of ducks just like that last picture, from today :) 1 hour photo, came out pretty nice. yep, still shootin 35mm, i like it and cant afford a good digital anyways.

nice pics overall!

nice captures, sorry, can't help on the bird i.d. other than the first shot looks like a different bird to me than the others...

tpe said:
Cool pics, making me jelous, all that warm looking wether too but... ??? are you sure they are the same bird? the first one looks like a juvenile herring gul?!?

tim
Not sure at all actually, that's a good point! I saw them in the same vicinity and they're both new, so I just figured it was the same bird. Not very scientific of me! Can't really see the head on the first one.
It's not sunny like that around here every day, don't you worry!

but the second looks like a juvenile Bald Eagle.
Pretty sure it's not, unless they can look radically different from each other. This one is significantly lighter brown, has light-coloured eyes, and is about half the size of the 3 month old juvenile bald eagle I followed last year.

Mystery Bird:

march4.jpg

Baby Bald Eagle:

aug1baby1.jpg

aug4baby5.jpg

The mystery continues!!

Most reactions

Back