Hazards of the job...

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This weekend, while on an outdoor family portrait shot that I charged $150.00 for, I broke my foot and sprained my ankle!

I was coming down from a tree where I got this shot:

404577562_8402dffd70.jpg

Needless to say, this shot wasn't worth what I am eventually going to have to pay... but dammit, It was a cool shot!

It's a shame you got hurt, but you did end up with a lovely shot :)

I broke my foot last summer and all I got was a damaged car and a 400 dollar deductable... consider yourself luck:lol:

but really, that does suck. Foot fractures are not fun at all. Time to double up on your calcium. Best of luck to you.

And glucosamine!! I love that shot, I hope her family does too. Any other worthwhile shots from the adventure?

It's a wonderful shot! I hope the family appreciates what you went through to get this special image! :lol: So sorry you had to suffer like that though, really.

Now, you can tell us the truth - were you more worried about yourself (personal injury) as you went down, or your camera (knowing you'd just captured such a good one)? ;)

ha ha ha, I was slightly worred about my camera, but knew in the back of my mind if I broke it, my eventual DSLR purchase would have to come MUCH faster, so in a way - I sort of hoped for it! lol

As far as other worthwhile shots, yes I got some more:

404577786_091696a90c.jpg

404577720_18bb401ab6.jpg

404577644_a56516e9b3.jpg

404577595_8d4cea8bd4.jpg

I also have some more of the damn tree, but I haven't PP'd them yet... because I hate that tree!!!

RMT - ouch. I feel your pain.

Good luck with your recovery.

Stupid itchy tree.

You got some wonderful shots though, congrats.

Look at it this way...a sprained foot is temporary but that photo is forever ;)
Sorry to sound so flip! But that is a really good shot and I bet the girls parents love it. Hope your foot gets better soon!

that must've freaked the girl out. (guy hops out of tree) -CRACK- "AAAAHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!"........"Mr. You ok?" ........"AHHH OH **** OH **** OH **** AHHH!!!!!!!"

that must've freaked the girl out. (guy hops out of tree) -CRACK- "AAAAHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!"........"Mr. You ok?" ........"AHHH OH **** OH **** OH **** AHHH!!!!!!!"

LOL I did have to bite my tounge on the language I used, but since I was about a half mile from my car, I had to hobble back a good ways. Eventually my client offered to go get my car, which I agreed to!

The little girl in the tree picture offered to sit with me so I wouldn't be alone... she was very sweet.

Most reactions

Back