HBO Screenwriters Portrait

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I was hired to take a portrait of a screenwriter who writes for HBO. She was referred to me by another friend of mine who has a writing fellowship at HBO who's portrait I shot a few weeks ago. She saw his portrait ( this one: A Screenwriter's Portrait- in studio ) and asked him to connect us so she could hire me. This is the shot she picked out after the shoot, and I was able to deliver it in the same day because she wanted to show it to her agent at CAA, which is a huge deal because it's really hard to have your work seen by the right people sometimes.

Lit with a single Neewer C300 flash unit with a soft box attached, a silver reflector from below for fill, and a large white V-flat for additional fill. Shot on a Canon 5D classic with a Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens attached, set to f/8, 1/200th sec, ISO 50.
_MG_8847_1.jpg

Great shot, down to the reflection on the table.

You are definitely getting noticed! Love to hear about your success in LA. Great portrait. She looks familiar. Is she an actress/screenwriter?

i was going to say that I have seen her before.

But regardless, your shooting is exemplary!

I will hope and pray for the very best in your photography.
Your talent is extreme and worth it!

Keep it up!

Very nice shot and like Soocom1, I believe she has shown up in some DVD movie's "Extras" section - possibly in an interview.

Your skills and artistry always shine. All you need is the right audience - there's no reason you shouldn't be one of LA's premier portrait photographers.
I think we all benefit from the images you share and are behind you 100%
Go Dan!

Really like this. Her expression and the lighting really works for me. Great stuff!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You are definitely getting noticed! Love to hear about your success in LA. Great portrait. She looks familiar. Is she an actress/screenwriter?
Thank you so much! Yes, she's also an actress.

i was going to say that I have seen her before.

But regardless, your shooting is exemplary!

I will hope and pray for the very best in your photography.
Your talent is extreme and worth it!

Keep it up!
She's an actress, so you might have seen her on TV.

Thank you so much!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back