HDR PANO

lucadiana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lucadiana.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm working on an article where I describe how to obtain a panoramic HDR image. The photo below was my first attempt, a total of 72 images (3 brackets of 24 images).
The final image is a gigantic 200+ Megapixels, hope you can get some of the details in this reduced version. I was just driving across Wyoming mulling about this idea when this scenery presented itself and inspired me to do it.
Equipment used: Canon 5D Mark II + Canon EF-24-105 L handheld.

$Dubois_Pano-med.jpg

HDR panos aren't all that complicated. Shoot a set of brackets, then turn the camera and repeat.

Create HDRs in post, then stitch the results together.

Right. Unless you have moving animals in it.

That's what the Clone tools is for.

I do HDR panos with cars moving along the streets.

Wow, nice job! Your post processing looks right on- not too much or too little. Very cool.

Damn, sparky; suck the wind out of his sail why don't you lol.

OP that's such an awesome shot.

Well, maybe HDR shots aren't complicated. I'm not sure that's the point though. It's a great image and I enjoyed looking at it! Every time I see something like this it makes me want to go out and shoot. You've inspired me!

Thank you, Tim. I think that's the best compliment a photographer can get. The next best thing to making a good photo, to me, is inspiring someone else to do it.
As for the rest, well, I follow the old mantra: "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything" not everybody is like that

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back