HDR Photography

ChrisF79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Greetings:

I took some pictures today to learn HDR and I have one I think could be pretty cool. I've tried for the past few hours to make it look nice in Photoshop and I have it looking decent but I'd love to see what you guys could do. I posted the three source pics at http://www.chrisfarrugia.com/temp/ if you'd like to. I know it's a pain to do but if you're up for it, I'd love to see your efforts.

Thanks!

DSC_0003_1_28.jpg

Sorry, I cheated...I used photomatix to generate the image...It was my first time using the software...I'm pretty surprised how it came out.

It looks very dark and "scary" like that. I guess I could lighten it up.

I just tried out Photomatix and I couldn't get the clouds that vivid. How'd you do it?

In Tone Mapping-Detail Enhancer I maxed strength, saturation, light smoothing, and Luminosity. And the rest I just messed with.

I don't have Photoshop, but I have Photomatix and PaintShop Pro Photo.

After putting the pictures in Photomatix and tone-mapping there, all I did was open the picture in PSP-Photo and desaturate it a little (-10), add a little contrast, and sharpen a tiny bit (USM radius-2.0 / strength-205 / clipping-100).

I may have gone a little too far, but I thought it looked cool like this.

I like the middle exposure with no editing or HDR stuff best but as long as we're goofing:

temp.jpg

here's kind of a subtle approach to it. i tend to prefer the more "natural" looking hdr's

blahax2.jpg

Last edited:
i used photoshop cs3 to make that one. all's i did was go to file, automate, merge to hrd then, opened 3 the pictures with that then adjusted the curves and shadows/ highlights a little bit.

Wow I like your shot, So natural. I need to start learning how do HDR's

Most reactions

New Topics

Back