HDR - Thanks to thePhotoForum.com

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I try not to crawl out of landscape too often, but this post didn't seem appropriate there. I was thinking about 'Discussions' , but I want to stick some photos in the post- And this is more of a 'Thanks Everyone!' and to show off some of my junk.

HDR- I probably never would have tried it without logging on here. Seeing the results photographers get with the technique has really impressed me. So I've tried it with my little real estate photography business and my clients like it so much that I've decided to make it my standard in the virtual tours I produce.

Here's a sample tour;

cn767.jpg

cn76701.jpg

cn76702.jpg

cn76703.jpg

cn76704.jpg

cn76705.jpg

cn76706.jpg

cn76707.jpg

cn76708.jpg

cn76709.jpg

cn76710.jpg

cn76711.jpg

cn76712.jpg

Not a big deal, shots of some's house like this, but by doing the HDR thing I've not only improved my game and strengthened client confidence and loyalty, but their clients love my work and improve everything all around.

Again, thanks everyone for your comments, criticisms and help on me learning about HDR. For those trying to learn about it, well, you're in the right place!

cool. I'd really like to get a super wide, or a fisheye so I can do interior shots like that.

These are good.
What makes the sides become so blurred, though?

For these shots I use an old sony mavica with a cheapie wide angle adapter- The wide angle is a necessity. I think the blurring at the edges is probably due to the "quality." Also, the mavica doesn't have a way to plug in a remote cable. I have my hands on the camera through all the exposures, no doubt providing camera shake.

I've improved my work flow to a maximum of 3 minutes edit per shot. This is considerably more than the less than one minute per shot before, but the comparative quality is outstanding. The quality has justified a raise in rates, affording time to improve the overall system, decreasing the time involved throughout the entire process of putting the shots online. The raise in rates has thinned out the "problematic" clients and increased my rate of pay for less time involved- Allowing me to pursue other opportunities, particularly a designing system to where the "problematic" clients can continue to work with a more automatic system.

All in all, spending the extra time producing HDR shots is actually reducing the time I spend working and increasing the bottom line while learning/experiencing more about how to process HDR for my landscape photos.

Looks good, and certainly different from the typical real estate shots which either have dark rooms or completely blown out windows. :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back