HDR vs Graduated NR

davholla

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone got any examples of the same landscape taken using HDR vs Graduated NDR filters? I just wonder how they compare.

Has anyone got any examples of the same landscape taken using HDR vs Graduated NDR filters? I just wonder how they compare.
imho misplaced .. this is gallery section ..

to still answer your question - no, I don't have it but I don't use either .. I don't use HDR (combining computationally multiple RAW files to have wider dynamic range in one file) because it brings a lot of problems with colors (and brings even more other problems) and I don't use GND filters because they are really medieval thing from the analog times ;) .. I use bracketing (with camera) and then blending multiple exposures (using a layers and masks in image editor software)

Last edited:
I do have a few somewhere. But generally my PP involves culling the sub-par shots, and part of that is deciding which I'll process. Generally I'll process one from a location and anything sub par ends up on the metaphorical cutting floor.

For results, I prefer GNDs. A good 2 stop soft grad is pretty un-noticeable in a shot, but gets me squeeking in the highlights.

That being said, it's dependant on hoe much height is in ab image. If suff is sticking into the sky then HDR wouls be better, if flat it's a GND

Most reactions

Back