He Would Bite Ya Good...

sabbath999

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
eel3.jpg

EXIF: Canon Powershot A710 IS, 1/60, f/2.8, ISO 80, onboard flash with waterproof case diffuser engaged, about 30 feet down or so off the Kona coast, Hawaii.

The animal is about 8 inches from chin to the top of his head, I wouldn't recommend you trying to stick your hand in his hiding hole.

Lovely capture, with its teeth visible and the eye looking toward you!! (I thought they were much larger than that though. I hope to never to come across one, as it would scare the bejeebus out of me)

Wall, Anti, unless you are diving and are down at least 30 feet in tropical waters there is little chance of you ever having to worry about seeing one of these guys.

They can get quite big, and they can also be quite small. I have a good capture of one that looks HUGE coming up (have yet to PP it... underwater pictures with a P&S take a hideous amount of PP) but the actual animal was only about 6 inches long and it's head was about the size of my thumb...

Yes, I remember being warned not to stick my hand into any crevices in case "That's A Moray" became my theme song

i just find this picture kinda funny--him peeking his head out like that seeing whats going on. i really like it good job.

man i would kill to have an opportunity to shoot stuff like this.

Great pic! I am a diver who has only tried underwater photography with an inexpensive camera. Though I hope to someday try it as you are. I give you a huge amount of credit, as I feel underwater photography to be the most difficult form of photography.

I saw a HUGE, and I mean HUGE, bright green moray in Bonaire. I imagine I was about 40-60 feet down, it's been awhile and I can't remember. I did snap some photos with my $100 cheapy camera. They did turn out somewhat, as I came in very close to him, but it's difficult to realize his size in the photos.

Thanks... the water is quite clear at Kona.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back