Head space

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I own two tripods a three legged thing albert with QR4 plate and a manfrotto with 701 HDV head.

My question is about l brackets, I have a D750, I was considering getting one for both brands but Im not entirely sure which are the more versatile/suitable

TLT options:
3 Legged Thing - QR11 L Brackets These are the standard ones, their a bit vague on the compatibility with my camera.:icon_study:

3 Legged Thing - Ellie This module seems more versatile but Im not sure that you cant take the standard ones apart in the same manner, also a tad vague compatibility wise but it seems I would need the standard ones.

Manfrotto:
I think its the 501 plate that is compatibly with the701 but not sure
1.L BRACKET Q5
2.L BRACKET RC4

Any advice or suggestions welcome

FWIW, I would pass on all of your suggestions. The rubber pads on all of these L-brackets are the Achilles heal of a solid L-bracket to camera base interface.

If you are serious about a camera model specific L-bracket there are a few brands to choose from. What you want in an L-bracket are CNC'd moulds that fit tightly against the camera base, metal to metal for the best fit and no movement without having to crank down on the tripod socket in your camera.

Really Right Stuff is a premier brand and hold their value when you want to move on to a different body. I have lots of their lever clamps, lens plates and L-brackets, etc. Never had a complaint, high quality gear, available now through BH Photo too. Be advised their machining is extremely precise and their lever clamps will only secure their Arca Swiss plates and L-brackets however, if you choose the screw knob clamps you can use any brand of plate or L-bracket.
Nikon D750 L-Plate | Really Right Stuff
Really Right Stuff BD750-L L-Plate for Nikon D750

Kirk Photo also make good stuff I have heard, never used them though.
L-bracket for Nikon D750 - D750 - Nikon - Camera Mounting | Kirk Photo

RRS or Kirk are two great brands in this area.

FWIW, I would pass on all of your suggestions. The rubber pads on all of these L-brackets are the Achilles heal of a solid L-bracket to camera base interface.

If you are serious about a camera model specific L-bracket there are a few brands to choose from. What you want in an L-bracket are CNC'd moulds that fit tightly against the camera base, metal to metal for the best fit and no movement without having to crank down on the tripod socket in your camera.

Really Right Stuff is a premier brand and hold their value when you want to move on to a different body. I have lots of their lever clamps, lens plates and L-brackets, etc. Never had a complaint, high quality gear, available now through BH Photo too. Be advised their machining is extremely precise and their lever clamps will only secure their Arca Swiss plates and L-brackets however, if you choose the screw knob clamps you can use any brand of plate or L-bracket.

Are these units compatible with my tripods.

If you have an Arca Swiss compatible clamp on your tripod head then yes. You would need one for the two options you initially posted anyway.

The whole point of an L-bracket is to be able to quickly change the cameras orientation from landscape to vertical by either the flick of a lever clamp or a few turns on a screw knob clamp.

If you have an Arca Swiss compatible clamp on your tripod head then yes. You would need one for the two options you initially posted anyway.

The whole point of an L-bracket is to be able to quickly change the cameras orientation from landscape to vertical by either the flick of a lever clamp or a few turns on a screw knob clamp.

I do on three legged thing but video head On the manfrotto! Maybe I need to re-educate myself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back