What's new

heads

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
5,699
Reaction score
1,472
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
this got a little over-sharpened from using bicubic sharper to reduce the file size - I find it to be somewhat unpredictable




sign111812.jpg
 
Am I missing something here? I've never heard of the tool bicubic sharpener used to reduce the size of a file. I use it all the time to sharpen my images in Paint Shop Pro XI. Seems to do the trick.
 
Am I missing something here? I've never heard of the tool bicubic sharpener used to reduce the size of a file. I use it all the time to sharpen my images in Paint Shop Pro XI. Seems to do the trick.

When you go into Image Size in PS and are resampling (changing pixel count) there are several options for the algorithm used to eliminate or add pixels. "Bicubic Sharper" is the one recommended for use when reducing file size. It adds some sharpening in the process, which normally is a good thing, but on some images maybe less so. This may also be the name of a sharpening algorithm used when you are not changing file size, but I've never seen it in that context.
 
Ken, I really like this one. Only nit, part of me wishes the vine wasn't there but it still is very nice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom