What's new

Headshot Experiment

jdsfighter

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
266
Reaction score
29
Location
Owasso, OK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just tinkering around before, and I came up with what I believe is a relatively nice headshot. Thoughts?

hidden_emotion_by_mxjerrett-d5a6349.jpg
 
Nice face, cept for that face-crap. ;)
 
There seems to be a bit of apparent perspective distortion, due to the lens being SO CLOSE to your face!! Otherwise, pretty good...a very life-like color rendition and good expression....maybe you oughtta' hire that guy for a TV commercial job!!! lol.
 
Just realized that this has the mona lisa effect. No matter why, your eyes keep on following me! Haha! But a very nice shot, was this edited on anyway?
 
Just realized that this has the mona lisa effect. No matter why, your eyes keep on following me! Haha! But a very nice shot, was this edited on anyway?

Very minor skin smoothing on my forehead, and a removal of the bags under my eyes. That's about it.
 
The white spot on the wall to our left, your right, pulls my eye away from your eyes. I would either relocate it upper left more, or clone out all together. just my thoughts.

also...

Visine...it gets the red out. :-)
 
The white spot on the wall to our left, your right, pulls my eye away from your eyes. I would either relocate it upper left more, or clone out all together. just my thoughts.

also...

Visine...it gets the red out. :-)

Haha, yeah. Really, I was just trying to get a picture of my new haircut to show a friend, and after like 6 attempts with my 50mm, this was one of the results. It's not like I attempted to take a self portrait, just happened.
 
Nice pose! In my opinion I think something about the skinn looks too smooth.
 
And you cropped off the top of your head...
 
And you cropped off the top of your head...

I dont think this is a problem at all! Ive seen plenty of headshots where tops of heads where cut off. Never understood why this bothers people. When done right I think it looks fine
 
The white spot on the wall to our left, your right, pulls my eye away from your eyes. I would either relocate it upper left more, or clone out all together. just my thoughts.

also...

Visine...it gets the red out. :-)

Haha, yeah. Really, I was just trying to get a picture of my new haircut to show a friend, and after like 6 attempts with my 50mm, this was one of the results. It's not like I attempted to take a self portrait, just happened.

I don't care for the tops of heads cut off either, but i will say it works in this one, no issues with that part at all from me.

I think this shot is better than your current avatar. :-)
 
The white spot on the wall to our left, your right, pulls my eye away from your eyes. I would either relocate it upper left more, or clone out all together. just my thoughts.

also...

Visine...it gets the red out. :-)

Haha, yeah. Really, I was just trying to get a picture of my new haircut to show a friend, and after like 6 attempts with my 50mm, this was one of the results. It's not like I attempted to take a self portrait, just happened.

I don't care for the tops of heads cut off either, but i will say it works in this one, no issues with that part at all from me.

I think this shot is better than your current avatar. :-)

And if you look closely, you can see it was taken from the exact same spot in my room XD


As for my hair being cut off, it is insanely difficult to manually focus a 50mm lens when using f/2.8, and you've got to focus within arms reach, hence the reason, I did my best to create a decent headcrop.
 
For me if you are going to crop the top of the head off the rest of the image needs to be cropped in closer to your face to get rid of the dead space around you.
 
For me if you are going to crop the top of the head off the rest of the image needs to be cropped in closer to your face to get rid of the dead space around you.

I was afraid of that, but I didn't feel like losing my shoulders.
 
Your eyes are very beautiful



...don't worry, you are handsome as a whole too ;)

Now you can replace your old avatar

Regards :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom