Heartbroken.... I wont win any friends with these shots...

Soocom1

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As an avid gun owner, Second Amendment Type et-al, I am also a naturalist of sorts.
I enjoy nature and the inherent beauty it provides, and I acknowledge and support the rights of hunters to get game. I have target shot in the open spaces before myself, but like a good boy scout, carried out what I took in and then some.

But when I see this, I am heartbroken in several ways:

The wanton destruction of life, even if its a cactus, the disregard for the environment, and trashing of things, and when folks scream their rights are violated by unjust laws, but then abuse those rights with stuff like this....

Its not a political statement really as its just a posting of what I find as wasteful and unnecessary...

I apologize to folks who may not like the images. Not graphic, just disgusting.

WH3e9cJ.png

WBDCpKt.png

I8mJfHx.png

1WshmIJ.png

qapyOo2.png

aWmrrqr.png

This one is the one that gets me the most... The deliberate use of a choia cactus as a target support...

Ea1jnrS.png

The lt. brown portions of the cactus are the areas shot away. The duct tape and what you cannot see is the black paint on the other side of the cactus.

The cactus is either dying or already dead. Rounds were shot into the base and the buds are wilting.

Somebody needs to organize a cleanup day. Get the slobs to help.

The second one is the worst to me. They're all sad but a hillside littered with trash is the quintessential symbol of ignorance and apathy to me. I'm glad you posted these shots. It's important to share shots like this along with the pretty ones.

There are some horrible people around....................

I can show you the exact same thing here. They cry that their rights are being taken away, but deny everyone else of the beauty and sanctity of nature. There is ignorance and disregard for property everywhere. No one region of the world is above or without it. If only I could be a judge...:soapbox:

Iowa recently hosted RAGBRAI (the Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa) and there were news stories about riders relieving themselves in people's yards and in farm fields.

Slobs aplenty.

Slob fishermen.
Slob drivers.
Slob picknickers.
Slob smokers.

etc.

etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, tread very very carefully with this topic, please. It's already dancing awfully close to politics and we all know that's verboten in public forums.

Last edited:
Folks, tread very very carefully with this topic, please. It's already dancing awfully close to politics and we all know that's not verboten in public forums.
I'm guessing my post with the link is what you think went too far, but in defense, I will assert that the original post and the responses were primarily about desecrating the landscape with trash, unless, of course they were intending to make the thread political.

I don't know how being slobbish is political.

Its about the slob aspect and the willful disregard in general of the world by people.
No intended politics.

Just the hypocrisy involved is what gets me.

As an avid gun owner, Second Amendment Type et-al, I am also a naturalist of sorts.
I enjoy nature and the inherent beauty it provides, and I acknowledge and support the rights of hunters to get game. I have target shot in the open spaces before myself, but like a good boy scout, carried out what I took in and then some.

But when I see this, I am heartbroken in several ways:

The wanton destruction of life, even if its a cactus, the disregard for the environment, and trashing of things, and when folks scream their rights are violated by unjust laws, but then abuse those rights with stuff like this....

Its not a political statement really as its just a posting of what I find as wasteful and unnecessary...

I apologize to folks who may not like the images. Not graphic, just disgusting.

WH3e9cJ.png

WBDCpKt.png

I8mJfHx.png

1WshmIJ.png

qapyOo2.png

aWmrrqr.png

This one is the one that gets me the most... The deliberate use of a choia cactus as a target support...

Ea1jnrS.png

The lt. brown portions of the cactus are the areas shot away. The duct tape and what you cannot see is the black paint on the other side of the cactus.

The cactus is either dying or already dead. Rounds were shot into the base and the buds are wilting.
Selfish slobs are selfish slobs, no matter what their favorite amendment to the constitution. This was a valuable and non-political post.

Folks, tread very very carefully with this topic, please. It's already dancing awfully close to politics and we all know that's not verboten in public forums.
I'm guessing my post with the link is what you think went too far, but in defense, I will assert that the original post and the responses were primarily about desecrating the landscape with trash, unless, of course they were intending to make the thread political.

I don't know how being slobbish is political.
To clarify: There was a political agenda encased in the linked article. That was all that was removed. No one has stated that "being slobbish is political." Further, any mention of the 2nd Amendment is a flag from a moderation pov, which can prompt a note of caution for the thread.
That's all that happened here, so by all means, carry on. Thanks!

What @terri said. The article indeed went too far, but we have all seen how even brief peripheral mention of certain topics can easily descend into political bickering in a hot New York second. So yes, though the main subject of pollution is innocuous enough, mention of the 2nd Amendment had already put the thread on the moderators' radar.

Well you may not win any friends but "A picture is worth a thousand words".

In this case a real head shaker.

Fishermen do the same thing (not ALL of them)......crap and garbage everywhere.
Just like a bird..... They zhit where they land.

Avid fishermen and hunters are the most conservation minded people I know. Much of the conservation movements were spearheaded by sportsmen, so your generalities are grossly misplaced. I could just as easily say photographers (not ALL of them) are a bunch of slobs.

Most reactions

Back