Heavy fog at Pilot Mountain NC over Christmas weekend.

tufopix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We had no idea there would be fog. It was a very nice surprise. Since I live nearby, I've been up there many times and didn't expect much photo wise. So, I only brought my 10-20mm lens and an almost full memory card with enough space for 20 pics. If I knew there would be fog and brought more lenses or an empty card, I probably would've spent more time shooting photos and missed my favorite photo which is the sunset showing over the fog as we got back to the parking lot(#1).

Anyways, these were all shot in manual mode with auto white balance and no filters on a Canon Kiss-X4/50D/T2i/whatever other names it goes by. I've cropped a few of them and adjusted the histogram a bit on some, but those are the only alterations. enjoy!

Link to Flickr album here: Pilot Mountain Fog

5. I'm not sure what they're looking at.

A foggy day at Pilot Mountain by Gabe Asturias, on Flickr

11. In this pic, a small break in the fog allowed light from the bright blue sky to flood in.

Last edited:
Nice set indeed! That first one is absolutely stellar! Normally I am NOT a fan of vignettes, but in this case, combined with the excellent composition and colour, it really works. Nicely done.

Thanks!

Nice set indeed! That first one is absolutely stellar! Normally I am NOT a fan of vignettes, but in this case, combined with the excellent composition and colour, it really works. Nicely done.

Thanks, I appreciate it. It's funny that you mention the vignette. Usually I do add a barely noticeable vignette in post like in this pic for example:

But I decided not to with these. The slight vignette you see in these pics is from my lens. In the sunset pic, it's actually the fog itself. It was thick all around the sides with that opening above allowing the clear sky to show through.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back