I will try it differently.
In case you find this interesting,
This is a map of Southeast Asia.
This activity above went on near Inle Lake in Myanmar (Burma)the yellow arrow in the picture on the left) which is a relatively popular tourist destination and fairly progressive.
Five years ago I was in Laos, red arrow, a landlocked country with no railroad, very few airports and (at that time) only 2000 miles of paved roads in the entire country. I was outside of a town called Luang Namtha, see map on right below.
To get there, I had taken two bus rides on execrable roads -(about 12 hours worth from Luang Prabang) [the town ONLY attracts trekkers and a very few mid-level tourists). If you are about to say, 'Isn't that the Golden Triangle where all the drugs come from' why yes, it is. I had been on my way to a small town 13 miles further north right on the border but some local troubles made me hesitant. ( a local tour guide had been kidnapped, either by insurgents or business competitors and his body AFAIK has never been found)
I was traveling for a couple of day with a very tall Welchman (6'5"); the Akka people (nomadic tribe in SEA) in town were astounded at his height and when he knelt down and was taller than this lady, she just broke up completely. I carried a collage of my grandchildren which was of immense interest because very few Western children, if any, are ever this far north.
I had rented a motor bike to ride around in the countryside, went up a side road to look at a dam and came across these guys building a watchman's hut. Carrying bags of concrete half mile up a trail, mixong it by hands, passing up buckets of mix which then gets tamped by hand.