Hedgecoe Hand Project

Hey, I've got one those, only mine is a post mount. Rebuilt it for the heck of it, and still don't use it.
Now, if we could only rebuild ourselves.

Wonderful B&W photos, JC! I especially like #3, which to me is a very solid,solid photo. Timeless. I also like the fifth shot quite a bit too.

Wonderful B&W photos, JC! I especially like #3, which to me is a very solid,solid photo. Timeless. I also like the fifth shot quite a bit too.
Thanks Derrel

Very nice. #1 is my favorite.

#5 is my fave. For me, I think you should have gotten much closer in most of your images in order to effectively address the project name of "Hands". The processing and conversion is super, but, (the big but), I think all of the images could have been improved by getting tighter/closer. Don't misunderstand my critique, these are wonderful, but I think they would have been better if you had gotten closer.

#5 is my fave. For me, I think you should have gotten much closer in most of your images in order to effectively address the project name of "Hands". The processing and conversion is super, but, (the big but), I think all of the images could have been improved by getting tighter/closer. Don't misunderstand my critique, these are wonderful, but I think they would have been better if you had gotten closer.
Thanks, I really wanted to get tighter but he was roped off due to kids I think. You know, saw blades, belts & pulleys, etc. I wish I would have brought the 55-200 and I thought this very thing when I shot this. I think the project was a good learning experience. I am at a point now where I can walk up to scene and know what lens to use. The 55-200 street project you challenged me on brought that home.

Side note, I did crop 1, 3, and 5 and printed for frame. They look fantastic. Just got them back yesterday. Glossy

Last edited:
Very nice. #5 is my favorite as well based on the project.

Most reactions

Back