Helen, GA

c_lawrence

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to Helen, GA yesterday for a day trip and all I got were these lousy photos :lol: ... and some fudge!!! mmmmmmmm......

C&C welcome -- please keep in mind I have only been shooting for a little over 1/2 a year now, so any comments about technique would be helpful. (both positive and constructive!)

HelenSquarecopy.jpg

candyapplescopy.jpg

HelenGAshedcopy.jpg

HelenGaPhloxcopy.jpg

HelenGahorsecopy.jpg

BurialMoundHelenGAcopy.jpg

gulfstationcopy.jpg

(Canon XTi w/70-200 2.8)

Thanks for looking!

Beautiful pictures -- I particularly like the candy shot. My only comments would be that I don't like the focus point in the picture of the purple flowers, and I wonder if the hydrant could be cloned out of the last shot -- but those are really just a personal preferences.

My brother actually lives a couple of miles from there -- it's a beautiful area...but I never did figure out why they put the gazebo on the Indian mound.

Great work!

Thanks.

As for the gazebo... yeah, doesn't make much sense at all -- especially since it is currently fenced in and surrounded by a cattle pasture!? :confused: :lol:

Anyone else? ... any suggestions... comments... likes... dislikes... anyone?
:)

I like the last one. A great subject. I feel a slightly closer shot, minus the road. I think the fire plug would make a great added element. Also you can add a channel mixer layer and desaturate it about 60% to give it an aged look. You might even erase that level of the sign to give it more importance to the image. Nice find..you are also leaning right and you should clone the power lines.

Cosmonaut, thanks for the detailed suggestions... just the kind of stuff I'm looking for... I'll try it.

Anyone else?

2 is good. Very good.

I think your DOF was too shallow in 4.

IMO, 6 would look better with vignetting, because the mound is level but the gazebo is not. Hopefully vignetting will draw the eye away from that, because there is nothing you can do. Nice series.

PS: I don't think you need to say "be easy on me because I've only been shooting for half a year", you don't need anyone to be extroadinarily harsh, this series is good for your limited experience!

Harmony... thanks so much for the imput! As for the "be easy on me"... I actually don't mind harsh criticism as long as it is constructive and not just rude for rude's sake... my goal in pointing out my beginner status was to get/welcome as much feedback as possible on my/other techniques because my knowledge of slr photography is still relatively limited due to the short amount of time/experience I have had thus far. So, I thank you again for your input about the images and I will definately take it all into consideration and try them out. :D

I think they look great...I've been to helen lots and know almost every one of those places, not the little shed though...I think they look great. As far as #4 goes it looks good to me but if you got closer to the flowers, macro almost, it would have worked better with that DoF.

Thanks again, everyone...

Jemmind - the shed is to the right of one of the local parking lots... right on the river. I never noticed it before, either, but as I was walking back to my car, there is was just waiting for me to capture it ;)

Most reactions

Back